Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxy Assets Causing Crash on 2nd frame

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have a big scene with lots of assets, textures and lights. Camera animation. I am trying to prep the shot to send to the farm but it keep crashing on the second frame. V-Ray will render the first frame just fine, save out image to file location, then start "preparing" for next frame, then freezes then crashes. After some hours I've isolated the asset or assets that cause the prep crash. It's a set of proxy trees. I brought them in as Proxy files via .vrscene from MAX. This has been a good workflow for me since it requires no real work on the cinema side if assets are already prepared in max. I'm praying that this isn't the reason. Anyhow, not sure how to post the file cause the proxy files are big. Hopefully this is a knows issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	168
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1214600

Sometimes this warning shows up, not always but sometimes. Cinema usually just shuts down abruptly.

Views:	106
Size:	626.9 KB
ID:	1214601

Winter Trees Proxy isolated.

Views:	106
Size:	907.2 KB
ID:	1214602​​​

Hello wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for contacting us!

Could you please share with us your workflow regarding including the proxies. Also, scene would be appreciated so we can observe the situation.

You could share it here or by submitting a request to our system: Submit a request

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
      Hello wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for contacting us!

Could you please share with us your workflow regarding including the proxies. Also, scene would be appreciated so we can observe the situation.
      I can send over the whole file but its many gigs. I can also send over just what I think is causing the issue.

I worked on it further and it appears to be the lights that "include" the proxy trees exclude everything else. I don't think it is the proxy tree objects which I thought were the problem before. What's more confusing is that if I move those lights with "include" proxy to a new empty file it works just fine. But crashes with error if the light Inclusions are in the scene file.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	68.5 KB ID:	1215183Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	1215184
      Last edited by wolfgang_himmelfarb; 05-09-2024, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Hi wolfgang_himmelfarb,
        I read your post, but does Cinema 4D actually crash, or does it just freeze indefinitely? While investigating a different issue, I think I may have an idea of what might be causing the freeze itself. However, I still have no clue what's causing it in your specific scene. If you’re still experiencing issues, please feel free to use our ticket support system to upload either the full scene or a simplified version of it where the problem is reproducible, and we’ll take a closer look.
        Last edited by bozhidar_ivanov; 18-09-2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bozhidar_ivanov View Post
          Hi wolfgang_himmelfarb,
          I read your post, but does Cinema 4D actually crash, or does it just freeze indefinitely? While investigating a different issue, I think I may have an idea of what might be causing the freeze itself. However, I still have no clue what's causing it in your specific scene. If you’re still experiencing issues, please feel free to use our ticket support system to upload either the full scene or a simplified version of it where the problem is reproducible, and we’ll take a closer look.
          Thank you for the response. Often it just shuts down I'd say 80% of the time, hard close. Like when I'm troubleshooting and fire off a render Ill come back and cinema is closed. Or Ill watch it shut down. Other times it will give me the wanting with "plugin name error." There are a few issues with me sending it over. First it seems to only happen in the full scene. I tried importing to a new file and that didn't help. When I isolate just the trees and lights with inclusions sequence works as expected. There is something about the scene with those lights and inclusions. I also tried new lights, different lights. The second problems is that the archive is like 6 gigs and that's a lot to send over. Third is that its an old client file I'm using for stress testing and I don't want to send it around. I may have even signed an NDA on it. Ultimately I ditched inclusions, broke out individual lights, did decay per object and it looks how I expect - more importantly I can render the whole seq. It's not ideal because I have needlessly many light objects in the manager and REs. oh, I also thought it was the Proxy assets I imported via Max using .vrscene as exchange file so I redid the proxy assets all C4D native and it crashes the same so its not the assets. Ah, I tried a cube instead of the proxy assets and it crashes if I add the cube to the light inclusion. I'm going to migrate to 2025 shortly but it was crashing in 2023 and 2024 so I don't have much hope that that will solve it.

Comment

Working...
          X