christmas whishes... :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christmas whishes... :D

Hey guys, don't need to answer (you already have), but i'll leave it here my wishes... and by priority (at least for me)

- c4d variation shader (this is for us a must) because we use it a lot to randomize in our shaders. ex. we have a unique object with some vertical cuts and with variation by polygon we can simulate really well for example a wood wall (image bellow)
    - Tile Pro native shader native support (it seems it bakes the solution and the result is not so detailed...)
    - render elements save preset (having the possibility to save a file with a set of specific render elements..)
    - Surface spread and cloner plugin is not reconginzed by V-ray multisub text... maybe i'm doing something wrong
    - V-Ray UVW randomizer ( I know there is a start multisub tex) but (in my opinion) misses the Variance (U; V steps; rotation; etc etc)
    - Multi instance is really good to speed the viewport, but is not a priority

thanks once again for your effort putting this version out... and keep doing the amaizng work
    all the best
    nuno

Hey nunomatos ,
    Thank you for your feedback and the awesome topic name. I love it

- c4d variation shader (this is for us a must) because we use it a lot to randomize in our shaders. ex. we have a unique object with some vertical cuts and with variation by polygon we can simulate really well for example a wood wall (image bellow)
    We are researching on how to do this since support for Distributed Rendering and V-Ray Standalone isn't an easy task. That is why we've added our MultiSub Tex shader (that you already know of) to be an alternative until we figure out what would be the best way to implement the Variance shader to work everywhere not only in Cinema 4D while rendering with V-Ray without being baked.
    I would be very happy if you give me more examples like the one you shared with the "Variation by polygon". What are "Object variation" modes that you use the most?

- Tile Pro native shader native support (it seems it bakes the solution and the result is not so detailed...)
    Stefan contacted us about this, so we will look in to it and see if it's possible to be done. V-Ray already supports the Cinema 4D noises natively, so if the plugin uses them for example they shouldn't be baked.

- render elements save preset (having the possibility to save a file with a set of specific render elements..)
    It is in our to-do list

- Surface spread and cloner plugin is not reconginzed by V-ray multisub text... maybe i'm doing something wrong
    I'll have to check this. And get back to you with more info

- V-Ray UVW randomizer ( I know there is a start multisub tex) but (in my opinion) misses the Variance (U; V steps; rotation; etc etc)
    This one is in our to-do list as well. and for the UV steps we need to think about when we start the implementation.

- Multi instance is really good to speed the viewport, but is not a priority
    Multi-Instances should be working fine. If possible please share with me an example of what isn't working so we can look in to it.

Last edited by shaio; 14-12-2020, 01:16 PM.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

thanks for these infos Ivan!

regarding tilepro, the output of the shader itself is pretty straight forward,- it is a simple 2d c4d shader result, in one single UV tile, all complex is under the hood and not affacting the render engines where it is used.

so i think in principle similar as the checkerboard or other simple results vray does already support, just sampled pixels (as the c4d noise in 2d mode, but as it doesnt go over more than 1 uv tile, maybe even simpler i guess),
      so i hope it is relatively simple to support natively i hope

and as promised we can help with all needed infos or active help if needed!
      i guess several vray users will be happy for this

Comment

Hi Ivan
        thanks for your reply...
        regarding the variation shader (by object)... for example having a single wood texture that could randomly the position (x,y,z) making variations each time the object changes...
        about the multi instance, i've notice that on surface spread, so maybe is only here.
        thanks about the rest of the info
        cheers
        nuno

Comment

Vray clipper

Comment

Originally posted by fagotti.simone View Post
            Vray clipper
            I agree. Vray clipper is absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Makushimu View Post

I agree. Vray clipper is absolutely necessary.
              Is there really no Vray Clipper in the official release? This is like base function of Vray engine.
              www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hey Guys
                first have a great New Year 2021
                i've being working on V-Ray 5 to put as son as possible in my production workflow...
                one of the things that is really hard to make it right is the converter (convert old scenes and assets from my library)

V-Ray 5 Converter
                my wish for a update in the converter is:
                - every time V-ray 5 don't have a alternative for convert, at least add the base texture image to that slot. for example: a old v-ray dirt shader won't convert for the new v-ray 5. so at least pass the base texture to the diffuse slot... don't know if make sense
                - old v-ray dome texture (because is on a V-ray shader) won't convert so in most of the cases we don't know which HDRI was used

Surface Spread
                - the render instance and multi instance are really not optimized with the new V-ray5 )i've made a video to demonstrate what i think is a issue
                basically in the interactive render is where the biggest issues happens... the same test made in cloner from C4D and multi instances works...:S hope that you can find a solution https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w7jhx3ee3...pread.mp4?dl=0

V-ray multisub tex
                - it will be good if we can see a video, because i can not make it work... at least from what i expect

i'll insist, but a variation shader like the one in C4D native or a V-Ray randomizer is a must (for me) ... we need to have this to ensure a proper worflow (i know this was already told, but maybe this can be in the next to do

all the best and keep doing the great work
                nuno

Comment

V-Ray Fur and V-Ray Clipper are planned to be available in the near future if something major doesn't hold their development.
                  Ivan Shaykov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Hi all!
                    It's been a while and i was wondering if any news regarding the options to save render elements as presets? Or if linking the render elements to render settings is possible?

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

This has not yet been implemented in V-Ray for Cinema4D. We will make sure to update this thread as soon as we have any news on the matter. Thank you.
                      Aleksandar Kasabov
                      chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                      X