Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Bitmap and Mesh light

Hi to everyone.

At first I need to say, that you have done a really good Job with Vray 5.

2 Points I really miss so much, that Im not sure if I will downgrade again.

1. Point and this is for me and massive step back - is that there is no adv. Bit Map where I can make fine adjustment on my texture, like hue, saturation, and so on - like in Vray 3.7. This was really really usefull for me, but I feel it just right now, because its not there anymore - hehehe
    2. Point which is not so important but I wondering why I can find it anymore are mesh lights - they where very useful for me.

I just like to know if this points will not come in future or if they are on list to too in future?
    or maybe there are new ways how I can solve this problems.

I look forward to your answers
    Chris

Hi Chris,

for the fine color adjustments you can now use C4D's Filter shader.

Comment

Hi MED-Chris,

2. Point which is not so important but I wondering why I can find it anymore are mesh lights - they where very useful for me.
      Unfortunately we don't have the mesh lights just yet, but it is in our to-do list and will be implemented in the future.
      Deyan Hadzhiev
      Developer
      chaos.com

Comment

Thank you to all your answer- they where very helpfull!!!

Thanks

Comment

Hi guys,

Is there another solution for now regarding to the mesh light?

I was using it a lot for indirect lights that go arround curves etc, and i cant really find a good way to replace it.

Maybe one of you can help me out with this problem

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Mike

Comment

Yes Michael, I miss it also more every day when I work. I didnt realize how much I used mesh light - heheh

Comment

Ok, i manage to fake it somehow.

create a vray material, on diffuse layer go to "self-illumination" tag, load a simple plain white image, enable "self-illumination Affects GI" and "Compensate Camera Exposure", apply the texture to the object you want to emit light and it should work. The brightness of the "light-source" you can than turn up and down by going into the texture and set the exposure of the image to a higher value.

cheers,
              Mike

Comment

If you're going to use it with a shader, I'd suggest taking a look into the Light material

Comment

I just tried it with the light material, didnt know there is one. But when i apply it on my object i want to emit light, nothing happens.

What do i have to do to let it light? When i change the colour multiplier value nothing happens.

can you maybe explain me how it works?

Comment

Originally posted by YunalZobu View Post
                    Hi Chris,

for the fine color adjustments you can now use C4D's Filter shader.
                    Hi Chris,
                    A native C4D Filter shader doesn't seem to work on my materials. Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                    X