if I had free wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if I had free wishes

- Displacement channel at vray mat or the option to use more than one geometry tag on one object
    - mesh light
    - uv manager tag from 3.7
    - possibility to save materials
    - a placeholder material for unsupported 3.7 materials, easier to replace materials
    - Clipper
    - peace
    Last edited by haniel1107; 08-01-2021, 01:43 AM.

+ one to this "a placeholder material for unsupported 3.7 materials, easier to replace materials"

Comment

Hi,
      the V-Ray Clipper and V-Ray Fur (not mentioned above) are with high priority to deliver them first, since quite a lot of people were requesting and asking about them, and it is only natural for us to take this in the consideration.

As for the Placeholder request please let me know if I understood you correctly. When opening a legacy scene you want the unsupported materials to be preserved as a placeholder material in the material manager instead of being deleted right? If that's the case it will be a very time saving improvement, and we could discuss this with the devs and see how it could be implemented.
      Can you please share your list of materials that are still not implemented with V-Ray, but you would like to be prioritized?
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Hi Shaio,
        super, thanks!

Yes about the placeholder, it is meant like you described.

If you are opening a file with carpaint one material, it will be deleted. My actual workflow is changing the material under 3.7 with std material first and then opening it with vray5 to have a placeholder.
        No idea what to do with 3.7. displacement materials..

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Hi Ivan
          thanks
          for the placeholder is exactly what you say, and as Haniel said, my workaround is turn all non compatible shaders and materials to standard to be converted by the convertter..
          for my list of shaders, v-ray-shader dirt; displacment material; carpaint as well; everything that is V-raypowershaders won't convert (dirt; falloff; multishader; etc, etc)
          thanks a lot
          best regards
          nuno

Comment

shaio
            for me essential shaders are:
            -gradramp, it's needed for tons of useful stuff, from custom falloff and Fresnel, to remap the behavior of gradient, dirt, curvature etc.
            -improved curvature (the one from 3.7 was much better, I've seen other Vray have similar problems so it is probably not just a C4D issue: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...-ray-curvature )

Also nice to have:
            -native color correction shaders
            -edges shader
            -OSL

Essential features are:
            -better render instance support, this is probably the one reason why I'm still using the 3.7 on complex scenes
            -better denoiser, again the one form 3.7 was far better. On Vray 5 the only way you could use denoiser successfully is A - if you don't have high frequency texture details, or B - if you set your antialiasing threshold target to 0.01. On older version denoiser I was able to get great results even using 0.06, so in the end older version was several times faster for final render.

Thanks for your support as always and keep up with the great work
            3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
            NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
            www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
            @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X