Exporting objects to other formats with textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting objects to other formats with textures

Exporting to different formats while preserving the textures would be helpful.
    Currently, when exporting objects with vray 5 materials, for example to FBX, textures are not exported.

In menu "Export selectet objects as..." should be additional option to "export to .vrscene file". That would be more convenient than writing vrscene through the render settings.

Last edited by Makushimu; 11-01-2021, 05:12 AM.

Hi Makushimu, do you use the native bitmap or V-Ray Bitmap in the materials when exporting to FBX? We will investigate supporting such workflow in the future.

In menu "Export selectet objects as..." should be additional option to "export to .vrscene file". That would be more convenient than writing vrscene through the render settings.
    This is already planned for a future update and will be available.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
      (...) do you use the native bitmap or V-Ray Bitmap in the materials when exporting to FBX?
      I do not use V-Ray Bitmap in the materials.

That's great, thank you.

Comment

What is the progress in implementing this feature?
        Today I had to convert a lot of materials to native c4d again to properly export fbx with textures.

Comment

I just wanted to express my happiness that the export to fbx with new node materials seams to finally exports textures.

Comment

Working...
          X