Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node Based Shading

Hi,

I searched around the forum to see if this was requested but I couldn't find it. Forgive me if I missed a previous conversation on this.

After asking artists here to test Vray 5 for c4d, node based shading is single most important thing on our list that's missing from the initial shipping version.
    • All our c4d artists are coming from Octane / Redshift and have really come to rely on node basked shading.
    • The existing Maya / Vray artists that we want to bring over to c4d are trained to use the maya node editor for creating Vray lookdev.

thanks for reading
    doug
    --=============--
    -DW
    -buck.co
    --=============--

Hello dougWilkinson ,

It is on our to-do list to add support for the Cinema4D node editor and this will be implemented in the future.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

No Nodes?! Wow! Plus as I have recently learnt, no VRSCENE loader, no V-Ray Fur. Starting to look like a half baked release. How long can we expect to wait for these additions?

Comment

All these features are on our to-do list and will be implemented in the future. At the moment I cannot provide you with an exact time frame but we are working on implementing them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by SharkNinja View Post
          No Nodes?! Wow! Plus as I have recently learnt, no VRSCENE loader, no V-Ray Fur. Starting to look like a half baked release. How long can we expect to wait for these additions?
          Hey SharkNinja ,

we know that many people are missing those features and the node editor has been requested from quite some time now. We've decided to take our time and develop them properly (especially the code under the hood) instead of rushing a release with many features that were probably going to be unfinished, buggy and many users were going be unhappy while we try to patch something that was going to be broken and bad from the beginning.
          I've already tried to explain this on a few threads but development takes time and if we had to implement every single existing feature that was present in the old V-Ray versions and then ship it to users it would have easily taken two more years until we release V-Ray for Cinema 4D and we were still going to be catching up with other V-Ray integrations. Another factor is that every single one of those features is written from scratch and nothing from the previous code is being used. Your feedback is very important at this point to help us shape the product workflow. I hope this kind of explains the situation a little bit.

Thank you for your understanding!
          Last edited by shaio; 12-02-2021, 02:54 AM.
          Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

Ivan, thank you for the explanation and forgive my comments that came from some frustration. I think it may help if CG could perhaps provide a timeline of when these features would be added. I'm sure the Community wouldnt hold you to it as we know development is very fluid. However it would certainly allow managers like myself to plan out their production strategies and such.

Comment

In an ideal world a timeline is a very good thing to have, unfortunately in the real world that doesn't work most of the time. I look often at other developers public timeline (one in particular), and feature release date are regularly postponed by months or even years, is quite rare they meet their target.
              That being said I would still prefer to have one, but I would not base my production strategies on that
              3D Scenes, Shaders and Courses for V-ray and Corona
              NEW V-Ray 5 Metal Shader Bundle (C4D/Max): https://www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com/...ders-cinema4d/
              www.3dtutorialandbeyond.com
              @3drenderandbeyond on social media @3DRnB Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SharkNinja View Post
                I think it may help if CG could perhaps provide a timeline of when these features would be added
                Good Luck with this request..

I would be happy, if some standard features like clipper, bug-free multi-instances, VrayFur... and support for some plugs like forester, x-particles, Anima .... would be implemented... soon as possible..
                We all have no Idea where the priorities are or how the possible timings could look...

Everybody knows timings can shift...

Comment

shaio I really would not say a timeline, but at least a roadmap to see what we could expect in a the next updates... "it's really frustrating having a Ferrari, but with no key to put the engine on... At least if we could know who will bring the key" I totally understand that you are bringing a new render engine to C4D (all write from scratch) ... but please add a roadmap... a thing that we could expect next... you probably have a strategy for the next steps, i guess
                  by the way we miss a lot Native C4D shaders
                  all the best
                  nuno

Comment

Hey nunomatos ,
                    I'll try and compile a list of features that are planned for the next big update (not the next hotfix) and share it in a separate post. As much as I want to give a timeline it will be a difficult one since we don't want to leave a wrong impression if some features don't make it in time, but we do want to keep everyone updated of what is coming at least with some of the features that existed with V-Ray 3.7
                    Ivan Shaykov
                    chaos.com

Comment

Hi shaio (Ivan)
                      thanks so much. As i told, not a timeline, but a roadmap to understand what is planned next and thanks for understand
                      all the best
                      nuno

Comment

I wish the c4d VRAY users could vote on what features they want to see in the next 6 months as the highest priority. That would be really interesting feedback from the users! This forum must have a vote function for matters such as this. this kind of looping into the customers point of view would be super helpful in making shaping the development.

https://trello.com/b/dgI8vjDb/corona...-map-cinema-4d
                        Last edited by xpez; 25-04-2021, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xpez View Post
                          I wish the c4d VRAY users could vote on what features they want to see in the next 6 months as the highest priority. That would be really interesting feedback from the users! This forum must have a vote function for matters such as this. this kind of looping into the customers point of view would be super helpful in making shaping the development.
                          I wish you get a complete software, when purchasing...

Comment

Originally posted by dougWilkinson View Post
                            Hi,

I searched around the forum to see if this was requested but I couldn't find it. Forgive me if I missed a previous conversation on this.

After asking artists here to test Vray 5 for c4d, node based shading is single most important thing on our list that's missing from the initial shipping version.
                            • All our c4d artists are coming from Octane / Redshift and have really come to rely on node basked shading.
                            • The existing Maya / Vray artists that we want to bring over to c4d are trained to use the maya node editor for creating Vray lookdev.

thanks for reading
                            doug
                            Hello,

Yesterday we released V-Ray 5 update 1, which now supports the Cinema4D node editor, along with V-Ray Fur, V-Ray Clipper, and many other exciting new features and improvements. The builds are available in the Downloads section on our website.

You can check what is new in update 1 in this forum post.

Aleksandar Kasabov
                            chaos.com

Comment

Thankyou Aleksandar! we're digging into this. Really great update
                              --=============--
                              -DW
                              -buck.co
                              --=============--

Comment

Working...
                              X