• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray shaders that we had in 3.7

Could you please add back in the Vray shaders/effects that we had in 3.7

especially:
    VRayIntensity
    VrayFalloff (had better controls than the VrayFalloff in 5.0)
    NoiseMax

thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-03 13.13.04.png
Views:	370
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1105492Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-03 13.14.08.png
Views:	354
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1105493

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback!
    Some of them will be back, but another part of them are deprecated (like the XSI ones such as V-Ray intensity) and most of the deprecated ones are very old and will never have good support for V-Ray GPU for example. Bringing them back will introduce more differences between V-Ray GPU and V-Ray. I'm not sure why you would need the noiseMax texture, but we have native support for the Cinema 4D noises (they're not baked) and they are much better (at lease for me). Most of the places where you would use the VRayIntensity usually have a multiplayer value where you can easily control the intensity of a color. We have two Falloff shaders inside the Power shader in V-Ray 3.7. With V-Ray 5 we've implemented the one that has better overall support for V-Ray GPU and is more flexible than the other one which happens to be used by you.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Ok.Thanks. I understand you don't want to go backwards and bring back old shaders that none of the other packages supports.

Comment

vray sampler info tex woudl be VERY needed pls (for good randomization via random by id, random by shell etc.)
        or maybe you can add the "random by shell" to the multisubtex shader,that woudl also be super cool
        Last edited by Stefan_Laub; 14-04-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Stefan_Laub exactly! +1

I just wanted to open a thread because of this wish.
          I want to have the "random by shell"-feature back. It was also in the "VRay-Output-Wrapper"-Shader and one of the most powerful shader in general.

​​​​​​Pls shaio this was absolutely amazing in V-Ray 3.7 to shade especially polygone-Heavy objects especially plants with randomization in their leaves.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X