X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A „Convert all Bitmaps to VrayBitmaps“-Button

Hi,
    as there are some known irregularities with using a VrayBitmaps or not,
    when rendering animations especially on different renderfarms, a button to convert all Bitmaps to VrayBitmaps like in the past could help.

Of course, depending on what’s easier, fixing the issue or implementing this feature.
    But, one of these two options would help a lot when dealing with projects with a lot of materials..

I am not a programmer, maybe a script could work?

Hey haniel1107 ,

it would be great if you can, share some more info about the irregularities that you mentioned and why you want to convert the bitmaps? We tried to integrate and make working with Cinema 4D bitmaps in V-Ray 5 as easy as possible and save people additional steps like converting in their workflow, so you shouldn't be getting any issues or differences when compared to V-Ray Bitmaps. If you do have such issues please let us know.
    I'm sure you know that converting them was a necessary step in V-Ray 3 but in V-Ray 5 this shouldn't be the case unless you want to use some V-Ray bitmap functions that are not available in the Cinema 4D bitmap.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hello Shaio, the problems I mean are only with renderfarms. I am using rebusfarm and chaos cloud. Both renderfarms had any errors when rendering and could be solved with VrayBitmaps. Rebusfarm is aware of it, but there are some more problems,... like no motion blur ... even with the latest Hotfix.

With Chaos cloud are also some problems, which could be solved with VrayBitmaps... My VDB Problem I had and shared with you was such a file where the floor wasn‘t rendered correct. I had another scene, I will try to find it and share with you....

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post
        Hey haniel1107 ,

it would be great if you can, share some more info about the irregularities that you mentioned and why you want to convert the bitmaps? We tried to integrate and make working with Cinema 4D bitmaps in V-Ray 5 as easy as possible and save people additional steps like converting in their workflow, so you shouldn't be getting any issues or differences when compared to V-Ray Bitmaps. If you do have such issues please let us know.
        I'm sure you know that converting them was a necessary step in V-Ray 3 but in V-Ray 5 this shouldn't be the case unless you want to use some V-Ray bitmap functions that are not available in the Cinema 4D bitmap.
        Hello Shaio,

yesterday I have sent to Aleksandar a file for another issue:
        https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...th-every-frame

The same file got different and strange results when rendering on Chaos Cloud or rebusfarm.
        I could fix it with VrayBitmaps at rebusfarm. I didn't try to fix it on ChaosCloud.

Maybe you have a chance to render only one frame on ChaosCloud and one frame locally on your machine, to see what I mean?

Thanks!!

Comment

Hello haniel1107,

I tested your scene on Chaos Cloud and there are issues with some textures when rendering an animation (more than one frame). Single frames render correctly. This seems to be related to the issue, reported in this thread. Indeed, if the textures are not loaded through a V-Ray shader then they don't render correctly. We are aware of this issue and I will bump its priority additionally. I will let you know once we have more information on the matter. Thank you.
          Aleksandar Kasabov
          chaos.com

Comment

Super, thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X