Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Clipper working with Renderinstances

Hi Chaosgroup,

iam not entirely sure but I think the "old" V-Ray Clipper worked also with Renderinstances. Now it doesnt seem to be the case.
    Is it possible to implement that? Would help and minimize the rendertime A LOT.

thx in advance!

I did not test the new vray yet, but yes, old Clipper "clipped" anything. If this is true, they still did not implement this feature.
    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Render instances and Multi instances do work with V-Ray Clipper (simple example on the screenshot below). What is your setup, can you give me some more information, so we could figure out what is going on?

Click image for larger version  Name:	clipper_render_instance.png Views:	0 Size:	403.1 KB ID:	1119113
      Last edited by shaio; 10-07-2021, 08:27 AM.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Sorry Shaio, but, what about the feature "use object material"?
        Surly I miss something, because I can't believe it's not available; and plase do no tell me I have to use as many clippers as materials I have and include each object to each clipper with corrispondent material, beacouse this would just be madness!

Comment

It works! Thank you very much!

BUT!

Is it true: My Nerdism tells me, this is just a Opacity-Fake-Trick because it does fall in the same rule as the opacity channel regarding transparency levels.
          This is VERY UNFORTUNATE. I was hoping this is different but its the same as using an Distance-Shader in the Opacity-Channel. It seems V-Ray is not really clipping anything away, its just set the opacity of that "clipped" area
          to 0 (zero).

This brings me back to one of my wishes: Is it possible to include an transparency/opacity slider on material basis? Because setting up higher values globally to the transparency limit is very bad. I just need it for one Material.
          Or put it into the V-Ray Clipper as option. This limits the opacity-Levels ONLY for that objects/materials.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PdZ View Post
            It works! Thank you very much!

BUT!

Is it true: My Nerdism tells me, this is just a Opacity-Fake-Trick because it does fall in the same rule as the opacity channel regarding transparency levels.
            This is VERY UNFORTUNATE. I was hoping this is different but its the same as using an Distance-Shader in the Opacity-Channel. It seems V-Ray is not really clipping anything away, its just set the opacity of that "clipped" area
            to 0 (zero).

This brings me back to one of my wishes: Is it possible to include an transparency/opacity slider on material basis? Because setting up higher values globally to the transparency limit is very bad. I just need it for one Material.
            Or put it into the V-Ray Clipper as option. This limits the opacity-Levels ONLY for that objects/materials.

Thanks!
            shaio Is this somehow correct ? Is the clipping feature different from 3.7?
            www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Hey everyone,

V-Ray Clipper has always been an "opacity trick" since it was first introduced in V-Ray for 3DS Max for the first time long ago. There is no difference between the one we have in V-Ray 3.7 and any other V-Ray integration.

This brings me back to one of my wishes: Is it possible to include an transparency/opacity slider on material basis?
              V-Ray Clipper has a limit to opacity levels only when used in "object mode" and other geometry acts as a clipper, otherwise there is no opacity limit. It isn't impossible to introduce a slider for this, but doing this doesn't involve only adding the parameter, it is much more than it looks like, and it will cause more issues and slowdowns than solve actual problems, especially when you use more than two or three clippers in a scene (depending on the scene of course). Unfortunately, developing something like that will take a lot more time than implementing the clipper itself did, and this on the other hand might cause the delay of another feature that could potentially be more important than the clipper.
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

Hi shaio this was no critisism this was only an observation, interesting! Of course that has no priority whatsoever. Its just a wish and of course this causes delays or problems or is complicated to implement... Forget about it..

Comment

Working...
                X