Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd render option - Render currently active view with production settings

Hi

I'm missing an option to render current active view - just like IPR, but with the production settings. One, current frame, no save optons.

When I have a project setup - with Vray Output system, multiple frame range and save options - I lack the option to render out just one frame on which I'm working on with the production render settings. To do this, I need to change the c4d settings, frame range, turn off saving option to not overwrite files.

Would it be possible to add? Since IPR option does it similar, maybe it's possible.

Thanks
    Rafal
    Last edited by RwVision; 11-07-2021, 11:54 PM.
    www.rwvision.com.pl

Hi Rafal,

If I understood you correctly this might be what you are looking for (aaand it has a save option if you need it)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	no3uw3Rxji.gif
Views:	260
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	1119205

Comment

Nice try YunalZobu - but hell no

This has no vfb functionality, nor the final output resolution. I need all vfb options, along with follow mouse rendering, region, layers etc. Just a final rendering, overriding save option and frame range - exactly what IPR does.
      www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

I knew I didn't get it exactly right
        Not sure if Layer stacks and follow mouse function in viewport are supported in general?
        Otherwise (except the exact resolution) you can send it to PV, copy it from there and paste it in VFB, so that you can use the layer stack, not sure if that is going to help in your use case tho?

Any chance you could describe an entire use case, from start to finish, so I can grasp the whole idea?

Comment

Hey - this is too simple, to drag it ...
          A product rendering button, which renders only current frame and disables saving files. Like IPR, but with final rendering method. Helps when you have set up 10 frames with different objects/shots, and you just want to work and edit quickly one of them and eventually save as final.
          www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

shaio - Is this something we could look into? Working with multiple render setting presets makes this even more hard to work with.

Often, I end up with overwriting old files, just because I wanted to render one frame with vray final settings in vfb.
            www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Originally posted by RwVision View Post
              shaio - Is this something we could look into? Working with multiple render setting presets makes this even more hard to work with.

Often, I end up with overwriting old files, just because I wanted to render one frame with vray final settings in vfb.
              Honestly, Maxon should add a button or something easy to access to do this very thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTJay View Post

Honestly, Maxon should add a button or something easy to access to do this very thing.
                Well, basically it has almost nothing to do with c4d, since all is now handled via VFB and Vray Output system. Same way as IPR button works, just with final render settings.
                www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Would different render settings perhaps be an option?
                  One for preview renderings and active frame and as a child with the correct frame sequence and correct render output settings?

Comment

Yes, that's the way I'm doing it, but when you have like multiple render settings it gets pretty confusing, and adds workflow time.

Personally I like to attach the Vray Output system option and frame range onto editor view, but gets messy with multiple setups.

Name:	2021-07-27 19_15_14-Window.png
Views:	145
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1120600
                    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Originally posted by RwVision View Post

Well, basically it has almost nothing to do with c4d, since all is now handled via VFB and Vray Output system. Same way as IPR button works, just with final render settings.
                      I was thinking being able to do something like this in a toolbar. Seems like it would solve the problem?

Name:	image_66265.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1120785

Comment

Working...
                      X