Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Wanted Premium Features Wishlist

Dear Chaosgroup,

I love the new Vray so far. I just have some Premium Wishes which I just wanna point out, expecting nothing from it but its in my Head. I cant deny that.
    1. Shading random by Polyshell: This is my most wanted freature. It was fast, I dont know how you coded that in 3.7 Vray but it was perfekt. It was working by using V-Ray Output Wrapper Shader in 3.7 and you could use it in conjunction with VrayTexMulti. Every leaf and every tile was easy randomly shaded by this.
    2. V-Ray Clipper Shading Opacity "Trick": Should have an Opacity Level Slider so you can use it in conjunction with Grass for example. Currently its limited because of non existing on material basis opacity Ray Limiter. You can only globally increase transparency Levels but this causes an huge Rendertime.
    3. Vfb interactive rendering: Should be more stable. Changing seemingly random things often freeze Cinema. Except that its absolutely great.
    4. Tile Pro by Stefan Laub-Support: I know theres an C4DshaderBake Shader but thats not working with the great Tilepro Seemless Tile-Function. Because thats like Noise set to world. This will enhance textures in a perfect way
    5. Nightlies and Featurelist anouncements: I dont know why but Chaosgroup is working hard and I often see new nightlies builds and new features coming out of nowhere. Iam happy about that but its a pain to look every day to check. If theres a thread in the forum showing new Features and anouncing nightlies and especially telling us what you are currently working on would make everyone of us so happy. Because development exceeded my expectations and look absolutely amazing. Iam extreme xtreme curious of new features and new nightlies. Keep up that amazing work!​​​​

To be fair: thats all I want. Of course Not mentioning the bugfixes like Renderinstance-Problem but its a feature Wishlist.

If thats happening, I will never change to another engine becaue then I can visualize perfect images without photoshoptricks and whatever.

Keep up the great work!
    pdZ

​​

good wishlist... plus one

Comment

Hey everyone,
      let me quickly answer your questions.

Shading random by Polyshell: This is my most wanted freature. It was fast, I dont know how you coded that in 3.7 Vray but it was perfekt. It was working by using V-Ray Output Wrapper Shader in 3.7 and you could use it in conjunction with VrayTexMulti. Every leaf and every tile was easy randomly shaded by this.
      Random by Polyshel will be implemented inside the MultiSubTex, and we're currently working on improving the texture itself, and it will be available when we finish it.

V-Ray Clipper Shading Opacity "Trick": Should have an Opacity Level Slider so you can use it in conjunction with Grass for example. Currently its limited because of non existing on material basis opacity Ray Limiter. You can only globally increase transparency Levels but this causes an huge Rendertime.
      This isn't going to be an easy task, and knowing how the Clipper works even if we implement this it won't go without issues that would need a lot more changes inside V-Ray for them to be fixed. I'll forward this to the devs for, so they can give an opinion on this and see what we can do in the future, but currently we prefer our efforts to go to some more important tasks and feature requests like improving the material preview for the classic materials for example and make it asynchronous which should fix the "wheel of death"

Vfb interactive rendering: Should be more stable. Changing seemingly random things often freeze Cinema. Except that its absolutely great.
      There are a few issues contributing to this. One of them is the already known issue with the classic material previews not being asynchronous where Interactive rendering is hanging because Cinema prioritizes rendering the material preview first, then the rendering. The other one is only for AMD processors and would take some time to fix.

Nightlies and Featurelist anouncements: I dont know why but Chaosgroup is working hard and I often see new nightlies builds and new features coming out of nowhere. Iam happy about that but its a pain to look every day to check.
      All the nightly builds are coming out of nowhere because everything here is automated and as soon as we fix something there will be a nightly build on the next day with the fixes included and available for all the users after our tests are done. We cannot predict and tell you when there are going to be nightly builds because we don't know when and how long fixing a bug or something else would take.

We're also preparing a list of features that will include in the already existing "planned features" thread.
      Last edited by shaio; 19-07-2021, 12:17 AM.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback shaio !

Comment

Working...
        X