Q-Tile Pro without baking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-Tile Pro without baking

Q-Tile Pro without the need to use the bake shader.. this would be very powerful

yes woudl be great, i will also email Chaos devs on this, and provide them with the latest plugin versions (also 25)

Comment

Hello haniel1107,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Once we have a look at the latest builds of the plugin we will check if there is the possibility to support it natively. We will let you know if we have more information.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

Thanks aleksandar.kasabov , this would be a great win...

Comment

yes this would be great to add back this plugin!!! is really important in relation with archviz projects
          maybe Stefan_Laub could help to implement?
          ​​​​​​​this is really important for us
          thanks in advance
          nuno

Comment

Hi guys, yes we get several requesat for this, i contacted Ivan from Chaos, to send him the latest version of the plugin, to see if they can figure soemthing out, woudl be of course also our wish

Comment

Hey everyone,
              we've received Q-Tile Pro builds from Stefan a few days ago and we will look in to this and update the thread to let you know what are the possibilities of having native support and what could the limitations possibly be.
              Ivan Shaykov
              chaos.com

Comment

Hi Shaio, this would be great... Thanks a lot!!

Comment

My guess is that if we are able to support natively it would be only supported while rendering inside Cinema 4D. It won't work for Distributed Rendering (this includes render farms to some degree), Chaos Cloud, V-Ray Standalone and especially V-Ray GPU without the textures being baked which kind of defies the problem that we're trying to solve that is to avoid the baking process. However, once again this is only a guess on my side based on experience and until we look in to it it will remain as such.
                  Last edited by shaio; 10-12-2021, 05:40 AM.
                  Ivan Shaykov
                  chaos.com

Comment

I think this would be more than enough... as with the bake shader takes to much time sometimes..
                    So everything is better than nothing... Thanks!

Comment

Ivan, i think this would really help much,
                      as then the setup of any shader is then easier and a lot faster as happening directly.

once one has setup the shaders for final rendering, or for DR or vantage, etc,
                      we have a 1 click bake solution for final render state of setups, (in this new 2.0 tilepro plugin version we send to Chaos, soon coming to all our customers),
                      which converts any tile pro shader inside all or selected materials of the scene to permanent high res seamless bitmaps for final rendering (can be changed back to tile pro for further adaptions), which work in any app, gpu or external engine then.

so setup would be c4d native, therefore super fast
                      final render works anyway also in gpu, outside C4D, or in any chaos app, as its a bitmap
                      Last edited by stefan_laub1; 10-12-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hey guys
                        any news about this plugin update? i think the 2.0 solution of the plugin can make eveything compatible, no?
                        thanks for your input.
                        best regards
                        nuno

Comment

Hello nunomatos,

I will check with our developers what is the current status and I will get back to you with more information. Thanks.
                          Aleksandar Kasabov
                          chaos.com

Comment

Hey everyone,

we've been testing the native support for the plugin for quite some time and unfortunately there are some serious issues with the Interactive rendering. We've put a lot of effort on making interactive rendering in V-Ray 5 as stable as possible, and we would like to remain so. The way the plugin handles textures is casing it to become unstable and slow with a lot of memory leaks. Currently, there isn't a good solution to overcome this, and there is a very high chance some changes have to be made to the Q-Ttle plugin to make both of them work stable and smooth with Interactive. The Q-tile plugin isn't a simple plugin, and it will require time for proper support to be added, at least on our side and will work closely with the plugin devs.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
                            Last edited by shaio; 28-01-2022, 06:09 AM.
                            Ivan Shaykov
                            chaos.com

Comment

thanks Ivan for trying, and investing the time.
                              for the Corona IPR it works very stable also directly without baking, we use it there in every scene, so i hope for future there might be a way for V-Ray too.
                              For now it seems for vray 5 it is better to use it as a baked solution for so far with IPR. we will tell that the users and probably make a help video for the use with the V-Ray bake shader tool. it is of course also possible that way, but an extra step to do. anyway we will try to continue to help and assist you for maybe find a future solution for direct render IPR support, thanks!
                              Last edited by stefan_laub1; 27-01-2022, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X