Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Asset Browser since R24

Hi, guys,

I think it's big problem that textures can't be loaded from the AssetBrowser since R24.

In the new AssetBrowser, the texture path looks like bellow (assetdb://), but V-Ray5 doesn't seems to be able to read it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	625
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1131518
    Also, VRscan file can't not be read from Asset Browser path.

Since the old contents browser has been abolished from R25, I strongly hope you support the new AssetBrowser.

Best Regards,
    Makoto Tamura

Defenitely! Can't move to R25 as long as I have to have access to my Content Browser-stuff.The new Asset-Manager has been introduced by MAXON in March/April 2021 (!!) and already then MAXON had announced that the Asset Browser will replace the old Content Browser with release R25. So please make this a priority! Would be a great X-Mas gift

Comment

+1
      support to the new asset browser it's a priority now to move to R25, as well as the possibility to automatically re-address legacy paths of the textures of existing scenes not to manually do it one by one (it would be crazy...)

Comment

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and it has already been reported to our developers (bug ID: VC4D-946). This has already been discussed in this forum thread. I will make sure to let you know as soon as we have any updates on the matter. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

We are aware of this issue and it has already been reported to our developers (bug ID: VC4D-946). This has already been discussed in this forum thread. I will make sure to let you know as soon as we have any updates on the matter. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
          Thank you for reply, and I apologize for the duplicate post, I am looking forward to fix it.

I am enjoying the awesome functions of V-Ray 5.
          Best Regards,

Comment

Hello all,

As I already mentioned in this thread, we have added support for loading assets from the new asset browser system in Cinema 4D S24 and R25. You can find the fix the latest stable build, which can be downloaded from here. Keep in mind that objects with assigned node materials won't render proper previews in the asset browser but will be usable and will render correctly once reimported back into a scene. This is an issue on the Maxon side and we have reported it to their developers.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X