X-particles support and a case for more Motion Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-particles support and a case for more Motion Design

For the new year I wish for X-particles support, so i don't have to use other render engines! I know it can be done as a bunch of people are telling me that i should switch to 3ds max because of tyflow....

The particles systems are really important to most of the people who do motion design, and i think vray could be great for these situations.

EDIT: I edited the original content of this post because It's a different discussion to be had on a different platform. As this is a mostly technical forum I narrowed it down to the main wishes
    Last edited by akos_kiss; 16-01-2022, 08:14 AM.

Hello akos_kiss,

Adding support for X-Particles is on our to-do list. However, I am afraid that currently, I cannot provide any more information.

Could you share more info about what projects are you using X-Particles for and what would you like to see supported? Sharing more information about your workflow would be very helpful.

Thank you!
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

This is great to hear! Just wanted to get the word out

We are using xparticles mainly for particles sims, some fluid sims and general smokes. For the particle systems there aren't any good solutions except to create everything from geo, with the downside of missing out one the information stored in the particles.
      This is also an issue with particles sims from houdini. The best thing would be if there was a way to render thinking particles or simple particle systems because than we could render basically anything particles related

In vray 3.7 there were a few options to render particles system imported from an alembic file (for example a houdini sim) or to render xparticles directly.
      There was the V-ray Particle system object, and a Vray Texparticlesampler, This was a fairly decent way to access different information stored inside the particle system (like: color, age, opacity, lifespan, velocity, acceleration, emission/incandescence)
      As far as i remember this had some limitations as well.

Something like VRayInstancer or VRayPointParticle would also be great so we could use the viewport while rendering massive amounts of geo at render time.

old c4dforvray forum post on how it used to work:
      http://forum.vrayforc4d.com/index.php?threads/19758/

I hope this was helpful,
      Thank you!

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

Thank you for your feedback and the provided information. I will forward it to our developers and I will make sure to let you know once we have more information on the matter. Thanks!
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Just wanted to add a +1 to the desire for V-Ray and X-Particles support.

Comment

Hello jeffrey_krigstein,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Please note that we added support for rendering Particles and X-Particles in Cinema 4D with the release of V-Ray 6 Beta. More about that can be found here. Thanks.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but when you're saying V-Ray 6 now supports rendering X-Particles in Cinema 4D, is it possible to access the X-particle's attributes mentioned by Akos_Kiss above? I want to be able to control attributes of the V-Ray material and V-Ray Renderable Spline behaviours so that they are being driven by the particle's color, age, opacity, lifespan, velocity, acceleration, emission/incandescence. Is this currently possible? The online documentation and the video here don't really explain whether this is possible.

Thanks for any additional information.

Comment

Working...
              X