Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Light lister feature ideas

Hi!

I was really happy to se the vray light lister tool in update 2. While i was working A few feature ideas came to my mind that would be useful IMHO. What do you think?
    1. A Solo or Mute button for the lights so it is really easy to isolate lights, set values on the fly without going into the object manager and turning lights on or off.
    2. Set wirecolor or display color for the vray light element so it can be other than yellow I can change the display color in the object attributes but in the viewport it stays yellow Or maybe a tick for color temperature? Currently I put a null object as a child of the light and set the color for that.
    Take care

Hello akos_kiss,

Thank you for your feedback.

A Solo or Mute button for the lights so it is really easy to isolate lights, set values on the fly without going into the object manager and turning lights on or off.
    In the light lister you can turn a light on and off, set color, intensity and other parameters without the need of going to the object manager. Can you please elaborate some more on this request?

Set wirecolor or display color for the vray light element so it can be other than yellow I can change the display color in the object attributes but in the viewport it stays yellow Or maybe a tick for color temperature? Currently I put a null object as a child of the light and set the color for that.
    I have added a feature request for that (request ID: VC4D-1263). We will consider the best way to implement that and I will let you know once we have more information. Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
      Hello akos_kiss,

Thank you for your feedback.

In the light lister you can turn a light on and off, set color, intensity and other parameters without the need of going to the object manager. Can you please elaborate some more on this request?

I have added a feature request for that (request ID: VC4D-1263). We will consider the best way to implement that and I will let you know once we have more information. Thanks.
      A solo button could be handy to quickly turn off all the other lights.

Comment

Hello GMTJay,

Thank you for clarifying this. I have added a request for implementing this to the light lister (request ID: VC4D-1281) and I will keep you updated on the progress.

Until then, you could do that by selecting all lights (ctrl+A) and then disabling them. This will disable all selected lights. You can then enable the desired light. Please check this video where I demonstrate that workaround. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov!

I wanted to ask one more thing about the vray lights.I noticed that the enable / disable switch in the vray lights general settings is independent from the enable/disable tick in cinema 4d-s object manager right next to the the vray light object. Is there a reason that there are two places where i can turn the lights on or off?

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

The reason to have an "Enabled" option in the attributes manager is to allow animating whether the light is enabled or disabled.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

With the latest update, we added the ability to change the wire color for the V-Ray lights in the viewport. To do that, go to the V-Ray menu> Viewport options in Preferences. More information about this can be found here. Thanks.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X