Invisible lights refraction contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible lights refraction contribution

Hi, it would be handy if lights that were made invisible could still contribute to refraction (or is there a way to do this that I'm not seeing?). I'm trying to set up a light behind some refractive objects and can't work out how to get it to show through but still make it invisible.

I could probably do it with a light material on a plane using an object properties tag, but using a light would be a more straightforward workflow.

Thanks,

Jay

Hello GMTJay,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

I have added a request for that (request ID: VC4D-1286) in our internal system. I will keep you updated if we have any progress on the matter. Thank you.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hi aleksandar.kasabov

I have to +1 this. It would be great if the invisible lights had a switch or something so that i we can decide if we want to make them invisible only to the camera or refraction or specular. First i thought i could do this with the object tag but unfortunately not.
      This is a very useul feature for lighting refractive objects like glass, plastics, liquids.
      Is there any chance this could be done in vray 6?

Comment

Hello akos_kiss,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

As I mentioned above, we have added this as a request and I will let you know as soon as we have any updates. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific timeframe for that. Thanks for the understanding.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X