VRayClipper - Use object material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayClipper - Use object material

Hi I would like it if you could put the Use object material setting on the VRayClipper like in 3ds Max - https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAX/VRayClipper

Use object material - When enabled, the clipper uses the material of each clipped object to fill in the resulting holes. When disabled, the material applied to the clipper object itself is used.

Thank you very much

Hi giuseppe_uggeri
    if you want to add different materials the the clipper object(s) simply apply the material you want to the corresponding clipping object.
    You can even go a step further and use a single material applied to the V-Ray Clipper object and use the MultiSub texture to randomize the results

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_zTCfYb7vub.png
Views:	330
Size:	587.1 KB
ID:	1145496Click image for larger version

Name:	clipper-02.png
Views:	333
Size:	461.4 KB
ID:	1145495Click image for larger version

Name:	clipper-01.png
Views:	334
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	1145494Click image for larger version

Name:	clipper-00.png
Views:	358
Size:	427.8 KB
ID:	1145493

Comment

Many thanks for the answer, what I have to do is different I have to cut whole models with many materials and obtain effects like this one that I am attaching

Comment

Hello giuseppe_uggeri,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have added a request for this in our internal system (ID: VC4D-1332). I will let you know if we have any updates on the matter.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Many thanks and good luck

Comment

Hello giuseppe_uggeri,

Please note that with the latest stable build (which can be found here) our developers introduced the "Use Object Material" option for the V-Ray Clipper.

Keep in mind that currently there are some known issues with the texture mapping which we aim to fix in the future. Thank you.
            Aleksandar Kasabov
            chaos.com

Comment

Many thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
              X