Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray camera depth of field and c4d camera object connection

Hi!
    EDIT.: Sorry i was dumb, the issue was on my side, because of the custom camera rig i use, it just broke something in cinema.

The issue i have is whit the interactive render update. When i change the focus distance on the camera object the render doesn't update. But when i change the focus distance in the vray camera tag the focus distance updates, but i have to jumb a keyframe forward or backward to reset it/ update it.
    this is not a really big deal, but it would be nice to have the rendering updated when i adjust these settings.
    Last edited by akos_kiss; 05-05-2022, 06:18 AM.

Hello akos_kiss

I tested this and the only occasion where the DoF wasn't working properly was while rendering with Interactive Renderer and having an animated focus object. Besides that, animating the focus distance value or object yielded correct results in production rendering (Tested with CPU and GPU).

In this case, can you share more information regarding the issue?

Could you please answer the following questions?

1: Can you please share the exact V-Ray for Cinema 4D and Cinema 4D Version you are using?
    1.1:You can find the exact version of V-Ray at V-Ray dropdown > Help > About > Right click text and select the copy text option and paste the information here.

Example: V-Ray 5 for Cinema 4D, Update 2.2 (v5.20.02 from Feb 21 2022)

2: Are you rendering with CPU or GPU (CUDA / RTX)?
    2.1: If you are rendering with a GPU, please provide me with the exact Nvidia Driver Version you are using.

3: Are you rendering using the VFB or the Picture Viewer?
    4: A Video showcasing all steps taken leading to the issue could be very helpful to understand what could be going wrong.
    5: Would it be possible to provide an example scene file where the issue is present, so I can inspect your setup?
    Valentin Leondiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey akos_kiss ,
      Using the focus picker in interactive rendering doesn't currently update with interactive rendering and it's a known issue that will soon be fixed. In fact it's fixed in our internal versions but we can't add it to the current official version since it's part of bigger changes made to the camera and will break compatibility with current scenes. Those kind of fixes that break scene compatibility are usually added to major releases.

Thank you for the understanding.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X