Rename lights from the VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename lights from the VFB

Not really a major deal, but it would be useful to be able to rename lights in the VFB.

Thanks,

Jay

Hello GMTJay,

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you know that you can rename the lights (among other useful options) using the V-Ray Light lister? Please let me know if that would work for you. Thanks.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Hey GMTJay ,
      I suppose you're talking about renaming them from the LightMix Panel? If that is the case then I agree it is a nice and useful feature to have, but it would be tricky and probably not worth the effort to implement since the LightMix has a few grouping modes, that could cause more issues than improve anything.
      For example, If you have a light instanced 4 times it will have four different objects with different names in the Object manager, but in the VFB you would only see the original light without seeing the other ones since they're grouped and renaming from the VFB wouldn't solve this case. There are of course a even more technical details that don't make this a simple task as it sounds, since the LighttMix itself is generated based on the names of the Lights and renaming them without immediately re-rendering again might lead to unwanted effects. Besides, as Aleksander mentioned above that is why we have the Light Lister for, and it is managing lights. The only missing functionality there is the ability to rename multiple lights at once.

Thank you for the feedback and the suggestion, it is much appreciated.
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Aleksandar & Shaio: Thanks for the replies. I was working in the LightMix panel as Shaio mentioned and it crossed my mind that being able to rename lights from there would be handy, but if it's difficult/impossible to implement it's not big deal at all, just thought I'd throw it out there. And, as you point out, there's the Light Lister. As always, thanks for listening!

Comment

Working...
        X