Position Pass RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position Pass RE

Is there a Position Pass render element? And if there isn't - are there plans to add one?

Thanks!

Hello chris_phillips,

This should be done with a SamplerInfo RE, which, however, has not yet been implemented in V-Ray for Cinema4D. We already have a feature request for this (request ID: VC4D-961) and it will be added in the future. I will make sure to let you know once we have more information on the matter. Thank you.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Meanwhile, you can get the information by adding a V-Ray ExtraTex render element and then loading a SamplerInfo texture in it. All that you need to do is to set the Output to Point.
      Aleksandar Kasabov
      chaos.com

Comment

awesome - thank you!

Comment

Ah strange, I don't have a "SamplerInfo" shader. Im in the vray beta 6 btw.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-06 135254.png
Views:	282
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1159073

Comment

Hello chris_phillips,

Please download and install the latest V-Ray 6 build from here. It will include the SamplerInfo texture along with other bug fixes and improvements. Let me know if that helps.
              Aleksandar Kasabov
              chaos.com

Comment

Hello chris_phillips,

Please note that with we just implemented the SamplerInfo Render Element and it is available in the latest stable builds which you can download from here. Thanks.
                Aleksandar Kasabov
                chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                X