Support for PSD layers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for PSD layers

In Corona and c4d native, I use a workflow where the opacity channels of various different graphics are saved as alpha channels in a single PDS file. This is really useful (and presumably memory efficient) when working with product graphics/packaging labels etc.
    Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be possible in vray - which requires me to save out multiple PNGs instead.

Any chance of support being added?

Hello rye_fanoni,

Please note that you can use the native Cinema4D Save system to save your images as PSD with the corresponding alpha channel. Currently, there is no option to save PSD files using the V-Ray Output system, but you can use other multi-channel file formats, such as EXR if you are using the V-Ray Output system. Let me know if you need further assistance on the matter.
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Aleksander - but you misunderstand. Maybe I could have been clearer
      I'm not talking about exporting images. I mean importing textures.
      For Instance I may have a beer bottle label artwork saved as a PSD (or layered TIF) with the multiple alpha channels in the file as masks for the gloss layer, gold foil etc. In Corona and C4D I can acess those alpha channels directly from the layered file when I'm building the material.

Comment

Hello rye_fanoni,

Thank you for clarifying that and apologies for the misunderstanding.

We already have such an improvement request in our internal system (request ID: VC4D-593) and I will keep you updated on its progress. Thank you.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X