Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to use the normal surface of the model to project patterns for vray decals in the future

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to use the normal surface of the model to project patterns for vray decals in the future

Just like in the picture, I gave a texture to a model and now I want the vray decal to project this texture along the normal of the model onto another model .It would be cool if this feature could be implemented
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 21-06-2023, 01:04 AM.

Thank you for the examples!

The feature request has been logged in our System (VC4D-1884) and will be discussed internally. Hopefully, we'll be able to quickly implement it.

Comment

Hello 123456_

Thank you for your time and efforts to come up and propose the idea. I will discuss it with out team.

Could you share with us why would you use this instead of the current Decal? Any specific situations and workflows would be appreciated and will help us develop the of features.

Moreover, note that you can change the type of the Decal and make it Cylindrical. It will look precisely like the reference image you have attached. Please, refer to this image: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_10-20-30.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by viktor_angelov View Post
        Hello 123456_

Thank you for your time and efforts to come up and propose the idea. I will discuss it with out team.

Could you share with us why would you use this instead of the current Decal? Any specific situations and workflows would be appreciated and will help us develop the of features.

Moreover, note that you can change the type of the Decal and make it Cylindrical. It will look precisely like the reference image you have attached. Please, refer to this image: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_10-20-30.jpg
        For example, if I could use the normal surface of any model for projection, I could use the spiral form to project the map. This is just one example, and I could also use various twisted shapes to paste it
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the examples!

The feature request has been logged in our System (VC4D-1884) and will be discussed internally. Hopefully, we'll be able to quickly implement it.

Comment

Thank you very much. It would be great if it could be achieved

Comment

A better use case would be a Cube cut in half with very beveled edges and corners where you have a flat area on top, that goes to a rounded area, then back to a flat area on the side.

It is currently not possible to use decals in that scenario without alot of distortion and stretching.

If it however followed the normal that problem would be eliminated all together.

Think of hydro dipping methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4XHmm22rGA

Comment

Working...
              X