Can you add rotation function to the vray bitmap, like in 3dmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you add rotation function to the vray bitmap, like in 3dmax

I recorded a rotation effect in 3dmax using the rotation function of the vray bitmap. I hope to achieve the same effect in the vray of c4d
    Attached Files

Hello 123456_,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Currently, this can be done in the Node materials using Context nodes such as UVW Transform Node. In the Classic materials, this can be done using the UVW Randomizer shader. This however is not very intuitive and we will take a look at the other options that we have to improve the workflow. We will let you know if we have more information on the matter. Thanks!
    Aleksandar Kasabov
    chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.kasabov View Post
      Hello 123456_,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Currently, this can be done in the Node materials using Context nodes such as UVW Transform Node. In the Classic materials, this can be done using the UVW Randomizer shader. This however is not very intuitive and we will take a look at the other options that we have to improve the workflow. We will let you know if we have more information on the matter. Thanks!
      Thank you for your reply. I have tried using these nodes, and although they can rotate by 45 °, the center of the map is offset. The rotation center of 3dmax is the center of the UV, and the rotation center of these nodes seems to be in the lower left corner of the UV, so the map cannot be in the center after rotation.​Just like in the picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 123456_; 21-08-2023, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Hello 123456_,

You could offset the texture using the transform parameters or the offset variance parameters. As I mentioned in my previous post, we will be looking into different ways to improve the workflow. Thanks.
        Aleksandar Kasabov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X