Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray clouds and atmosphere!

Hello Chaos team!

I love the clouds system, and that it also got included in Cinema 4D Here are some ideas that would be fantastic to have, and could challenge systems like Terragen etc.
    1. Option to have clouds only along horizon, so no clouds above and we can make them towering up (please see screenshot)
    2. Up to 3 layers of clouds + the current cirrus layer (each layer having separate random seed)
    3. Different cloud types per layer, e.g. altostratus, altocumulus etc.
    4. Specific cloud theme for storm clouds, that you can change colour and towering through the other layers in cloud height
    5. Rain and Lighting FX
    6. Possibility to fly above the clouds
    7. God rays
    Thank you for considering these ideas!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by torebernhoft; 22-09-2023, 10:23 AM.

Hello torebernhoft

Thank you for all of those ideas! We will discuss each one within the team.

Please, note that additional effects such as Rain and Lighting FX are not part of a Cloud system. Moreover, V-Ray Clouds is created to be an easy way for the users to generate Clouds in the scene and these features would make it much more complicated.

On the other hand, there are some features already requested such as 2, 4 and 6.

What would be the top priority for you and why?
    Last edited by viktor_angelov; 27-09-2023, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Hello viktor_angelov

Awesome! Thanks for looking into this!

Yes, I guess Rain and Lightning FX is not part of it, but to have them integrated would be amazing, e.g. you could see the Lightning inside clouds as they are lit up etc. It could maybe be a feature of the storm cloud type only.

Yes, I love the simplicity of using the V-Ray Clouds system, so I would not change that, but all these ideas could come under an Advanced Tab

Top priority for me would be 1 and 2, that would enable us to use V-Ray Sky directly in renders for an animated series instead of post-comp.
      Also idea 4 and 6 would be great to have! Especially 6 to fly above the clouds, as we have a lot of shots up in the air.

I'm really sold on the V-RAY Clouds, as they renders SO FAST and looks really beautiful! And interact with the overall lighting of the scenes (shadows etc.) So they are very useful and would be absolutely incredible to have in those nice integrated shots, without using a post sky comp.
      Last edited by torebernhoft; 27-09-2023, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X