Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Proxy Export - export all objects to separate file

Hi All!

Lately we had a project where we had to create proxy files for a lot of different vegetation objects. I didn't realize that there was no option to batch export multiple objects to multiple different proxies.

This feature would be great when dealing with large amounts of geo, and batch creating multiple proxy elements at once.

One more idea we had. I Think it would be great if the default name of the vrmesh file was from the base object we are exporting, so that there was no need to manually rename the "untitled.vrmesh" to the object name we had in the scene. I don't know if this is a c4d limitation, but i would imagine that most people would like to have the same name for their proxies as they had for the raw geo.

If there were other considerations on why the proxy exporter works the way it does, any information would be highly appreciated

Hey akos_kiss, this is a good suggestion. However I fear we have a slight limitation by Cinema 4D. In order to support the export in the the File->Export menu, the implementation should be for a "single" operation (in order to properly report errors and other status). So that is why we have mainly implemented it as logic for a single .vrmesh file export.

However, this doesn't mean we can not try to think of a way to implement your suggestion that would still fit in the Cinema 4D framework. But I can not give you any guarantee that it would be possible, at least in the standard File->Export menu. I have logged it internally for improvement as VC4D-2064.
    Deyan Hadzhiev
    Developer
    chaos.com

Comment

I second this wish. Coming form Max, generating proxy objects enmass is very useful comparatively speaking. Furthermore doing big environments with lots of assets require proxy objects and I can't imagine working without them. I think this is important for Archviz as well. Both the "each object to separate file vrmesh(like OP said, named as the poly object)" but also Relative coordinate pivots rather than the current World coordinate are very much missed in the Cinema version. I additionally understand that Max has an internal file saving dialogue while Cinema uses the windows file explorer - I'm sure this ends any internal commands once the save as command initiates. That being I'm curious if using the asset manager/content browser to save out the vrmesh would work?

In the meantime, I do have a script that will automate the "save as vrmesh," the dialogue box pop up(it uses previous), and will copy the selected object name to the clipboard so you can just hit paste and return when the save as box appears. It save a bunch of clicks. Not sure though if its ok to share scripts there? Let me know Deyan if that's ok.

Comment

Working...
      X