• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Adaptivity clamp function of vray in 3dmax be added to vray in c4d

This feature is very helpful in reducing oversampling in bright areas

+1,
    yes pls let C4D not behind in this pro settings

Comment

Yes, we will be adding this shortly. Thanks for the report.
      Deyan Hadzhiev
      Developer
      chaos.com

Comment

great news Deyan- thx!

Comment

Hi, just posting here that the "Adaptivity Clamp" option is now available in the latest stable nightly builds. It is located in the main V-Ray render settings, under the sampling options. Please note that old scenes will open with the clamp value much higher than its default (the clamp will be set to 100, where its default is 1.5). This is necessary to preserve old scene rendering behavior.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_xwYPOdS1A8.png
Views:	173
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1198214​
          Deyan Hadzhiev
          Developer
          chaos.com

Comment

Hi deyan.hadzhiev, this is great...
            I read about it what Vlado has written in the Max forum..
            My question: Does it also work with DR Rendering in Bucket Mode, wher you have many times these never ending single buckets which makes rendering a frame sometimes much longer as needed...?

Comment

Originally posted by haniel1107 View Post
              Hi deyan.hadzhiev, this is great...
              I read about it what Vlado has written in the Max forum..
              My question: Does it also work with DR Rendering in Bucket Mode, wher you have many times these never ending single buckets which makes rendering a frame sometimes much longer as needed...?
              It should work in DR as well. But note that this option only affects regions where the excessive sampling is caused by overexposure. So if the "stuck" bucket is not caused by overexposure, there would really be no effect.

Since you mentioned the bucket sampler - maybe it is worth to mention that this new option does not apply for the fixed bucket sampler (the option will appear disabled in the UI).

Deyan Hadzhiev
              Developer
              chaos.com

Comment

Ah, ok understand... these neverending buckets are not always overexposed... What is the common proposal for DR, Bucket or Progressive... I have the experience bucket works better in DR, but you always have these mentioned endless buckets...

Comment

Originally posted by deyan.hadzhiev View Post
                  Hi, just posting here that the "Adaptivity Clamp" option is now available in the latest stable nightly builds. It is located in the main V-Ray render settings, under the sampling options. Please note that old scenes will open with the clamp value much higher than its default (the clamp will be set to 100, where its default is 1.5). This is necessary to preserve old scene rendering behavior.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinema_4D_xwYPOdS1A8.png
Views:	173
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1198214​
                  Thank you for your notification

Comment

What is the common proposal for DR, Bucket or Progressive...
                    This is a complex topic on its own and I don't want to derail the current thread too much. But I'll try to give some quick explanation - generally, using the bucket sampler scales better, especially on low bandwidth network and more render nodes used or higher resolution renders. The progressive might still perform better if you are using less render nodes, have a high bandwidth network and your resolution is not very big. We recognize these limitations and we're working on improving distributed rendering.
                    Deyan Hadzhiev
                    Developer
                    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks a lot!! Make sense...to me...

Comment

Deyan, for some reason i cant download the nighlty from the link above. I am logged in into the forum via my chaos account. Any i dea?

Comment

Hello stefan_laub1 Could you please clarify what the situation is? Can you not see any of the nightly builds at the link or the downloading process does not start?

You can find V-Ray 6.2 stable builds here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vray6c4d/stable/6.2

Comment

i see the folder structure on right side but i see no files form vray6 link. it works ffne ien in older like vray5 thouzgh, there i see files and can load them.

i am logged in in the forum via "my cchaosgroup "account( as the old forum login somehow not works anymore for me

Comment

p.s it works now, thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X