This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert Redshift Node materials to V-Ray Materials

I see in the latest version ​we can convert standard Redshift materials to Vray materials. Would like to see a converter option to convert Redshift node materials to Vray materials. Lights would be a nice option as well. Similar to the way the vray scene converter works in 3DS Max with Corona materials.
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 19-12-2023, 12:01 AM.

Hello THSCreative Thank you for reaching out to us with your ideas! The Redshift Materials that we have just added support for are actually Node Materials, so it should work as you want it. Regarding the Redshift Lights - we will discuss it internally with the team.

Comment

Hello THSCreative Thank you for reaching out to us with your ideas! The Redshift Materials that we have just added support for are actually Node Materials, so it should work as you want it. Regarding the Redshift Lights - we will discuss it internally with the team.

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov, thank you for reaching out. I'm getting this kind of error when trying to convert Redshift materials. [ERROR] Failed converting material "Brushed Satin Pewter": Node asset type is not supported by V-Ray: com.redshift3d.redshift4c4d.nodes.core.material. These are RS Material Nodes. The only way I've found to convert them is to replace the RS material node with the Standard Material node. Then I have to relink tons of connections on the material node which takes tons of time. Plus some materials have color correction nodes and bump blender nodes which give errors as well. Node asset type is not supported by V-Ray: com.redshift3d.redshift4c4d.nodes.core.bumpblender . It's not just this material. We have libraries of Redshift Materials that have these same issues trying to convert. Maybe add more Material Nodes types that the converter can recognize and convert . I understand not every material will convert perfectly but would be nice if could get close.

Comment

THSCreative, could you please send us the Brushed Satin Pewter material so we can investigate it further?

Comment

Hi viktor_angelov , Sorry for the late response as we have been busy lately. Looks like the material converts correctly since the latest version 6.20.01 was released. I'll send you any in the future if they have any issues. Thank you!​

Comment

That's great to hear, THSCreative

Please, let us know if the situation appears again.

Comment

Working...
              X