Vray Material Manager/Lister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Material Manager/Lister

First off I think 6.2 is an excellent release and I want to acknowledge that this is a big ask. I currently use Arnold and have been migrating to acescg. One thing that is very useful is the Arnold utility Asset/Texture manager. It's more or less a mirror of the native Project Asset Inspector with a built-in tx converter. However what I find invaluable is the "Replace Color Space" function that can be performed on multiselections. I can open an srgb file and convert to Acescg by simply identifying data/color maps then make those changes en masse. Additionally, I've been able to get chatgtp to rough out scripts for me in order to short cut certain tasks but it can't crack interactions with the node editor. That being, the node editor(a cinema issue) is somewhat of a liability. For example, the ability to select multiple Standard Materials, then change a field to the same color space is possible, but not with nodes. Essentially a lister, like the light lister, but for materials would be very useful. Of course I totally understand thats a complex task that would require a whole separate pallet and a bunch of interactions with cinema that would probably create some complexity - the arnold asset/texture manager is buggy and sometimes when you update links in the native Project Asset Inspector, arnold will revert to the one loaded into its Asset/Tx manager. Anyhow, thank you for your time and consideration.
    Attached Files

Hello wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for your proposal! I have shared this with our team and we will be discussing its future implementation. It's been logged into our system [VC4D-2143]

Comment

Working...
    X