This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB - Set Defaults for Display Correction Properties

I would be eternally grateful to have the option to set a default Display Correction in Options, VFB options, but also be able to set a config file as default. Its an extra step that isn't terrible but does make doing a quick test scene a little finicky. Thanks a million.
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 01-02-2024, 01:09 AM.

Hello wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for your questions! Currently, every newly open scene starts with a default Display Corrections. What you can do is store one file on your computer and quickly Load it once you start.

Another thing you can do is work on your Display Corrections and then click Right Click > Reset to bring it to Default.
    Please, refer to the video attached: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_10-05-57.mp4

Comment

Hello wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for your questions! Currently, every newly open scene starts with a default Display Corrections. What you can do is store one file on your computer and quickly Load it once you start.

Another thing you can do is work on your Display Corrections and then click Right Click > Reset to bring it to Default.
      Please, refer to the video attached: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_10-05-57.mp4

Comment

Thank you Viktor for the response.

I didn't think to save a .vfb as it save the colorspace setting as well - I suppose it's a bit easier because the pulldown settings will loaded in as you want them, as opposed to the .oico file. I was hoping that the vfb would save its state in the "new.c4d" file, which it doesn't seem to do - that would perhaps be ideal. Either way, a file needs to be loaded to go from sRGB to acescg, so.oico or .vfb. This is not an issue with my main scene file, but like a lot of cinema useres, I break out tabs for lookdev and asset prep. They all need to have a file loaded into the vfb, every time. Being able to have multiple scenes tabbed in one instance is one of those things that makes Cinema much more user friendly than Max for example. Leveraging these workflows are very important to Cinema users as they make it worth using over Max, among other things.

I completely understand that it's not your job to work out user pipelines but really any insight is very helpful, so thanks a million,

Comment

Hi wolfgang_himmelfarb Thank you for explaining the situation. If you want to use one set of settings throughout your project scenes there are couple of things you could do:

Setting your Display Corrections as default for your new Cinema 4D Scenes ( http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...5_07-26-06.mp4 ):
          1. Open a new, empty scene. Set your Render Settings to V-Ray
          2. Go to the VFB and set you Display Correction properties as you desire.
          3. Click on Windows > Customization > Save as Default
          - Now, every new scene you make will have those exact properties

There are couple of things to be aware of. If you open an old scene this will not affect it. Also, it can be only automated for one set of settings. It will not work by default for two or more projects with different settings.

In these cases what you could do is create Presets with the settings you want ( http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...5_07-37-50.mp4 ):
          1. Go to the VFB and set you Display Correction properties as you desire.
          2. Go to Save Layer Tree Preset and save the settings you have as a .vfbl file. You can save as many as you want. Make sure to store them into the same folder
          3. Then open Options > VFB Settings > Layers and choose a Preset Path to the folder you have stored your .vfbl files.
          4. Once you have set the path you can go to the Layer Presets and choose the one that you want for the current scene.
          Note: Make sure to store one default.vfbl

Please, let me know if these workflows work for you.

Comment

Working...
          X