Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray- reference or instance material node

Hi All!

I remember that something similar was requested in these posts a while back. I think an instance or reference node would be great, so that we can use node setups or standard material setups and reuse them multiple times and have a single point where we can change all the attributes across the scene.
    I would imagine an implementation where there is a reference node "output" so i can connect the node graph part i would like to use. And use the reference node as in input for displacement, extra tex or other places, where we want to use node setups across multiple materials or effects (like shader node). If this could work both ways so we could use the standard v-ray materials together with the node materials and link different outputs and inputs, that would be great.

I think this would be a great workaround without haveing to create custom outputs for materials, just have node that are referenced across the scene.
    This is just and idea but it would solve the following issues

- create custom render passes/ AOV-s
    - link node setups across multiple materials
    - link displacement to materials
    - link shader based effectors to materials

Hello akos_kiss Thank you the request and details explanation. The matter is currently being discussed within the team and we will let you know once more information is available.

Comment

akos_kiss The request has been logged into our system [VC4D-1092] Thank you for your time!

Comment

One more thing thati didn't mention, is that with such a reference node, we could create "controller nodes" like a color node that is reference trough multiple materials and this will enable us to adjust values across corresponding materials. This could also be a thing with c4d noises so that they are consistent across multiple surfaces or materials. or just use a "value" node and adjust multiple materials roughness value with a single controller.

Comment

Thank you akos_kiss for the additional comment. I have added it to the log.

Comment

Working...
          X