Get shaders in custom AOVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get shaders in custom AOVs

What I would like to know what is the best way to get a custom AOV into vray I know the extra tex can give you custom stuff but if playing with shader in the MAT context and I created a nice noise lets say. what is the best to get that noise into an extra tex? Do I have to copy the whole network into the render elements? that will be extremely annooying let say if I have 100 shaders. Redshift and Mantra do this the right way where you can output any AOVs as seen in the screeshot with RS. Maybe missing something from Vray?
    Attached Files

Hey there,

try specifying the path to the node using op:/path in the Texture field of the Extra Texture RE.

Although it may be worth thinking of a more robust way of handling this. Please ping us if you stumble into any issues.

Cheers!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks for the workaround but that is definitely not the way to go, it can be extremely curmbersome to do this with many shaders.

Comment

Yup, I think it should be possible to add an AOV export vop or something along those lines for a workflow similar to mantra. I'll check with the dev team if we can improve things.

Thank you!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Gosho.Genchev I read a post in odforce that you fix this or is working now? Can you please tell me if you guys added a node or what is the workflow? Thanks

Comment

hsz, select material output node, in the parameters you should see "AOV" tab, pressing "+" will add new input sockets to the node. Make sure to setup "Name" attribute.
            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

Working...
            X