Debug node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug node

Coming from max the new debug feature in vray is super handy, so i wonder how long will it take to implement it in Houdini? Ideally it would work like Renderman and Mantra, via the debug button in each shading node... This way imo is way superior to the way it works in max.

There is currently no UI in VFB, but it's implemented under ROP -> Renderer -> Options -> "Material Override". Check Mode parameter there.

> Ideally it would work like Renderman and Mantra

I'll need more info of how it works there.

​​​​​​
    Last edited by bdancer; 13-09-2019, 07:52 AM.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Here's what i mean: https://imgur.com/M8dp33v

Do you think it's possible?

Comment

Currently you can drag and drop any node on your object and get the same behavior.

I was talking to one of the devs about this after your post - it would be cool if we could use this flag so you don't have to do the drag - dropping which stays behind after an IPR session is finished. But bdancer rightly pointed out that multiple nodes can have the Debug flag enabled, in which case - what do we do ? I just checked with Renderman - seems like they only consider the first node which has this flag applied, and consecutive nodes are ignored.
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

I think the "top" flag (node closer to the shader) should have priority, that's one of the things i don't like in the current implementation in renderman.. let's say i have a texture > dirt > shader diffuse color. If i flag the texture node it isolates that one, and if i flag the dirt after that it should should the dirt one.. and so on.

Comment

Moriah, VOP debug flag support is implemented in the nightlies. Please, check if it works as you expect.
            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

The debug flag works, thank you! However i'm not sure if it's possible to prioritize the node closest to the shader, instead of the last activated one (as i described that that's the thing i don't like in renderman). That would make more sense overall, at least for me

edit - gif uploader is fuckign up, here's a link - https://imgur.com/6n4SCiY
              Last edited by Moriah; 19-09-2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X