relative path vrscene export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relative path vrscene export

I was just trying get my texture path in vrscene exported relative to $HIP or $JOB or my own $WORK environment variables, but it seems the path always get expanded, both for houdini and system-wide env. variables.

I was testing this as followup on this thread https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...path-remapping

If i remember correctly, this was diccused before in VFH, was there any progress or i`m doing something wrong?

I tried stuff like ${HIP}/maps/diffuse.jpg , but when i check vrscene file in text editor, string is already expanded.

thank you.

Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

I assume it should be possible to provide a parameter holding a list of variables to not be expanded on export.
    I'll log it as a request and come back with info from the dev team.

Thanks!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Gosho.Genchev Thank you, it will help me a lot.

Just to explain my request. Right now when rendering in different enviroment( Win vs Linux, Local PC vs external farm) i have to manage the paths manually, editing the vrscene file, or striping the paths, and dumping everything into the same folder with vrscene.
      I know that we can pass path replacement as option to vray standalone executable, but that can get very complicated and time expensive when having multiple paths/folders and cannot be automated easily(paths change per shot, show).
      One option is to let Deadline replace the paths on rendertime, but thats very slow with bigger files(minutes per task).
      All in all - having the option to keep the enviroment variables in the vrscene seem like the right solution.

thank you!

Comment

Gosho.Genchev just updated to build from Friday with amazingly it`s working already, you guys are fast!

I tested it on proxy and alembic and it`s working perfectly. What i found is not working yet, is the render output path. That one is still being expanded.

Thank you very much for adding this so quickly!

Comment

Yup, that is the reason I did not message you - we need to add the render path too. I will ping you once that is taken care of.

Cheers!
          gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
          X