Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray submit to deadline - different versions

Hello,

in deadine i am using a BAT file, to seperate different standalone render locations on the slaves.
    when using the submit to deadline node in houdini, is there a uservariable send to deadline, i can catch, to find out, wich vrayplugin is used ?

> is there a user variable send to deadline

No, there is none.
    I guess I could set some env. var. https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/pr...vironment.html - will that work? What info will u need?

V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

IncludeEnvironment=True "Deadline will automatically grab all the environment variables from the submitter’s environment and set them as the job’s environment variables."

yes, this would work!

Comment

This may pass some "dangerous" stuff... I could set some specific variable like VRAY_FOR_HOUDINI=1 + some version variable if needed.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

we are edited f.E. Deadlines - FusionSubmission Scripts, and add this. With no problems so far. It is fine, because PiplineTDs can manage by there own, which VAR is set by opening the program, and then track this envoriments all over the different tools. f.E. (Fusion -> Deadline - > RV player)

i guess, if u set some specific var, then it need to be well documented

Comment

Hey suedlich_t ,

we added a new "Advanced" tab on the Deadline ROP with a toggle "Inherit Environment Variables" and a multi-parm for custom variables to pass to the Deadline job. In case you'd like to check what is exported, you can unhide the deadline_tmpdir parameter and point it to a folder of your choice where the submission files will be placed.

The change will be in the next nightly build.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J5g...G_CQs9U_f/view

Hope that helps!
            gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Thanks a lot, that works!

Comment

Working...
              X