X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (fixed) (open) [HOU-1963] [HOU-2009] Material Mixing

Hi there,

A question about material mixing.

I have 2 materials which I want to blend 50/50.
    Both are for a diamond material, but the way the dispersion works it kills a lot of the reflections/refractions, there doesn't seem to be a way to dial it in. On or off.
    So I want to blend materials to counter this. Can't find an obvious method.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	103 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	1073386Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	56 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	1073387

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by chakarov; 06-07-2020, 03:46 AM.

Hi Jim Meston , can you share the scene even with simpler geometry. You can use my e-mail too georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com.
    Georgy Chakarov | QA
    www.chaosgroup.com
    georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Georgy,

Thanks for your response.
      For some reason I can't replicate it. After jiggling things around a bit it seems to be behaving predictably.

I will take another look at it shortly, I am wondering if it has anything to do with reflect on back side material setting.

Comment

It seems like I had a setup that was generally incorrect.
        I suspect it was either bad normals or coplanar geometry as at the time, no matter how high a idspersion abberation setting it would still give strong colours.

Now with my "fixed" setup it seems I can dial it in properly and a setting of 150 seems to be working as expected.

Thanks, and sorry for the mess around !!

Comment

Well it happened again out of nowhere, just started doing it.

I will email you a link to the scene (minus some roughness maps) but including the HDRI.

Comment

Hello Jim Meston , this strange results are very obvious in ACEScg. I've logged the issue as HOU-1963 in our system and will write you back when devs take a look at it and I have more information.
            Georgy Chakarov | QA
            www.chaosgroup.com
            georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
            X