Texture xyz, channel splitting and displacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture xyz, channel splitting and displacement

Trying to use texture xyz i vray houdini. Can someone tell me how to do this in vray, in the picture I have wrote down some notes on what is happening. Thanks

Hi,

So you are trying to splint the texture Chanels, then control each one with a multiplier and then put it back together.
    That exact setup could be achieved by using a 3 vray color correct to set each channel separately. The you can use the vray layertxt node to do your math operations, just set it to multiply and use a vray float in the second input of the layer node. And finally put it all back together with another layer node set to add.

Alternatively you could use a single layer node set to multiply and using red, green and blue to multiply on your texture, then just use the intensity output of the layer node to get the float result (instead of rgb).

Best,
    David.
    David Anastácio // Accenture Song - VFX
    https://www.accenture.com/us-en/serv...visual-effects

Comment

Hello Jakob Houlby ,
      In order to correct RGB values of the texture use V-Ray ColorOperations wiht a V-Ray Float 0.5 in ColorB input and use the Sum output.
      Combine R,G,B multipliers in a vector wit V-Ray RGBA Combine VOP and use it as a multiplier for the result of previous step, be connecting both to another V-Ray ColorOperations with mode set to "Product".
      Connect red, green and blue outputs of last V-Ray ColorOperations VOP as tex inputs for V-Ray LayeredTex, and set their blend modes to "Add".
      Now connect color output to Displacement input slot of V-Ray Displacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	houdinifx_pqfHHu6xXa.png
Views:	770
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	1074608
      Attached Files
      Georgy Chakarov | QA
      www.chaosgroup.com
      georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
      X