Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 6 Ocean

Hi,

Very excited to see that ocean support has been added to VRay 6.
    I am trying to get it working. I followed the video as close as possible, but it just doesn't seem to render any displacement.

I have attached my hip file. It would be great if someone could point out what I have done wrong
    Attached Files

Hey Dubbie99 ,

When dealing with live meshes, they need to be packed prior to assigning a displacement material - that's not just for the spectra but displacement in general.
    Simply add a Pack SOP in the chain before the Material SOP and you should be good to go.

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

I still can't seem to get it to render the ocean. It would be super helpful if you could provide a scene that works so I can look at it.

[edit] if I set the displ amount to 0.9 instead if 1, it now renders - however the scale seems completely off.

Here is the ocean preview which looks correct
      Click image for larger version

Name:	waterA.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	1170002
      Here is the render
      Click image for larger version

Name:	waterB.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	709.1 KB
ID:	1170003
      Last edited by Dubbie99; 12-01-2023, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Dubbie99 ,

I'll double check with your scene over the weekend. I forgot to mention it in my previous post - there's an example page in our documentation that shows some demo setups here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYH.../Ocean+Spectra
        It might be helpful to check out although the setup is fairly straightforward so it's possible you've hit an issue. I'll get back to you when I know more.

Best regards!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

I found the sample scene and it worked. Still not sure why my original scene doesn’t work, I think it is set up the same.

thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X