how to set up cosmos for network rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to set up cosmos for network rendering

cosmos asset path are not absolute, actually it's kind if encypted form, totally different from what I set , instead of showing "x:/asset/model/tree.vrmesh" , it shows"alksdhfsdkfjsdfj/model/tree.vrmesh", really random, it renders ok locally, but when submit to deadline, all the other computers can't find the asset.

Hey len_xie ,

If you're rendering on the farm, the Cosmos library would ideally be placed on a network location accessible by all machines used for rendering.
    There's info on how to do this here: https://docs.chaos.com/display/COSMO...load+Directory

If I were to take a random guess, I'd say the library is placed locally in your case which causes the exported VRScenes for Deadline to look for assets under your local machine -> C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Chaos Cosmos\

Hope that helps!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

@Gosho.Genchev​ thanks for the replay, I actually set it to a network place, something like "//192.168.30.40/cosmos/", but when I check the imported asset, the path are totally different, it's "kjsdfksdf5s4df5sdfoiuifklsdjf/***.exr or vrmesh", it's not even relative path, it's encryped format, even all other computers can access "//192.168.30.40/cosmos/", they will not find the asset, is there a way to force cosmos use absolute path for imported asset?

Comment

Working...
      X