Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globaly apply Alpha attribute

Hey Folks,

I'm in deep trouble, i made my first animation in Houdini today where a LOT of assets fade-in into the scene using an animated Alpha attribute. Comming from 3dsmax i blindly assumed that the objects will behave in the render like they do in the viewport and that an Alpha attribute of 0.0 means the object will be invisible in rendering.
    Please tell me there is an option somewhere for Vray to pick up the Aplha automatically or at least some global override or something.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers Markus

Alpha is working fine on my side as you can see

Attached Files

Comment

but in the render the sphere look opaque

Comment

ahh stupid attachment did go through, is a GIF
        Let's try again

Attached Files

Comment

ok for whatever reason this vray for Houdini does not like GIFs anyway here are the 2 screenshots

Attached Files

Comment

But do you have a Material applied on obj level or no material at all? Does ist also work If you apply a material node before the wrangle?

edit: my Bad. Did not see the first picture.
            it does of course work with User float but what If you have a scene with 100s Materials on many different assets. We search a global override for the alpha-as-opacity without the need to adjust each single Material.
            Last edited by Jon3D; 28-04-2023, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply - FMX and the Easter holidays tend to thin out the people available at the office

Please tell me there is an option somewhere for Vray to pick up the Aplha automatically or at least some global override or something.
              There is no global override for this. As others have suggested above my reply, you could simply use a "User Float" VOP to sample the "alpha" attribute and plug that into your material's "Opacity" slot.

Best regards!
              gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
              X