Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray scene export

Hello
    I have water simulation with smoke sinulation. And I instancing them with time shift on points. Can I export geometry and volumes in vray scene?

why not export them as alembic and vdb?

Comment

because geomtry is really heave, and as far as I see in help, allembic doesn't support instances, so instanced geometry saved in allembic will produce huge file, and the same for VDB. BTW, I need to load it to 3ds max
      Or I just doing something wrong. Situation: I have 1 simulated fountain mesh+vdb. I need to copy this fountain with animated time offset on 250 points, and then bring it to 3ds max in maximum painless and huge files, as I need animation in 3ds max

Comment

Just save the fountain mesh as alembic and volume as vdb. Then instance them onto your points. This is what you save out as vrscene (the vrscene will reference the alembic and the vdb so just the points are saved in the vrscene)

Comment

Originally posted by ronald_a View Post
          Just save the fountain mesh as alembic and volume as vdb. Then instance them onto your points. This is what you save out as vrscene (the vrscene will reference the alembic and the vdb so just the points are saved in the vrscene)
          Thanks! Copy to points with Pack and Instance will not work?

Comment

Dont pack. Alembics and vdbs are packed primitves

Comment

Load vdbs as packed disk sequence

Comment

Originally posted by ronald_a View Post
                Load vdbs as packed disk sequence
                Thanks. Saving allembic and then saving vrayscne helps, question now how to apply material in 3ds max on this vrscene. And how to control apperance of vdb?

Comment

I don‘t know about 3ds max specificly, but you probably need to setup the materials in houdini. Not sure if there is a way in max to modify materials from a vrscene or applying materials to object from a vrscene like is possible in houdini.

Comment

Working...
                  X