Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray TexGradRamp in Viewport

Hi!

Is there a way to show the "V-Ray TexGradRamp" texture in viewport?

Most likely as diffuse and/or as transparency.

Thank you and greetings!

> Is there a way to show the "V-Ray TexGradRamp" texture in viewport?

Unfortunately, no.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

Okay. Damn. May I ask if there are any future plans to get this work? It would be incredibly useful.

Comment

> May I ask if there are any future plans to get this work?

No plans, you could use IPR.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Yeah. I do so. The issue is with large scenes. The IPR is evaluating or loading the render geometry everytime you do a small tweak on a ramp handle and you have to wait for that. This is time consuming. Sure, you can create another renderer with only the objects of interest, but doing such an extra setup which you throw away when you're done, is also time consuming in relation to that you just wanted to do some small tweaks. I hope you know what I mean. So maybe, in a future version it will be possible to see gradient ramp tweaks directly in viewport. I won't give up hope.

Comment

The IPR is evaluating or loading the render geometry everytime you do a small tweak on a ramp handle and you have to wait for that
            That should not be happening - is the Ramp texture part of a displacement shader?

Best regards!
            gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

No but it's nested in a HDA which comes with some geometry and a matnet for that geometry. The ramp is part of a shader in the HDA's matnet and the ramp controls are exposed to the HDA's interface so it can be controlled from outside the HDA without having to open it. Also this piece of shaded geometry which comes from that HDA is further used in a geo context and merged with other objects to create the final model. IDK if this is also a point. But no displacement involved here.

Comment

Working...
              X