Render camera space velocity pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render camera space velocity pass

Trying to create an AOV of the change in camera space position of my geometry. Am able to do it in mantra but have no idea if it's possible in vray. Any ideas? Thanks

Hey irreverent_labs ,

The Velocity AOV should by default give you the motion vectors in camera space. If I am misunderstanding the question, could you upload a HIP file here with your Mantra setup to see what we can do about that request? (you can simply ZIP the HIP file in case the forum board complains about the upload)

Best regards!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe VrayVelocity only takes into account object velocity and not velocity due to camera movement. I haven't fully tested that AOV but reading through the documentation, it also mentions around the object pivot point which won't work for me as I need point velocity.

I attached a sample hip. If I am able to build up a material with nodes vs a built in renderpass that would be ideal -- to be able to customize it to my needs.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello irreverent_labs ,

So I went ahead and checked a couple of things:
        1. The Velocity AOV probably won't do it for you
        2. The Sampler "velocity" output seems to be what you need (velocity in camera space based on the start/end interval for the motion blur) but the camera transformations are not considered there.

I've messaged internally to see if we can come up with a solution here.

Best regards!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
        X