Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instance doesn't work

Hello.
    I'm trying make scatter of trees with instances using attribute wrangle. But it's doesn't work. it work fine with Mantra. Also standard "instance" node render fine with "instance object" selected on top of geo. But with custom instancer it's not. Can you please check? Please find .hip file by the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C1o...ew?usp=sharing
    Attached Files

Hey there,

we expect the "instancepath" attribute for the purpose of what you're trying to achieve. I've logged it as an improvement to also support 'instance'.

All the best!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

There is definitely some room for improvement... but for now:
      1. For this case use "instancepath" attribute name.
      2. We support instancing of "obj" nodes only for now. So you'll have to move "box1" and "tube1" into separate objects.
      3. Switch tube to "polygon" type.
      V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
      andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
      Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
        There is definitely some room for improvement... but for now:
        1. For this case use "instancepath" attribute name.
        2. We support instancing of "obj" nodes only for now. So you'll have to move "box1" and "tube1" into separate objects.
        3. Switch tube to "polygon" type.
        Thanks you guys for quick response. For now it work. I also have on small bug report that not connected with instances. Bug with region selection in VFB. When render is on, I can't turn on Region or modify current also can't turn off region to check image without red frame of region, yes it's very minor bug but it very useful when you select another region for render before current render is done.

Comment

You can't change, enable/disable region during the production render. This is possible only in IPR session or if the render is stopped/finished.
          Georgy Chakarov | QA
          www.chaosgroup.com
          georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by chakarov View Post
            You can't change, enable/disable region during the production render. This is possible only in IPR session or if the render is stopped/finished.
            I know that I can't change what is rendering right now, for this I need to stop render and start it again. But I talk about changing red frame of the region, like in 3ds max, you can change region or disable it at all, this will not affect render, but red frame of the region will disappear or I can make another region for the next render. In Houdini for now I can't to this

Comment

> In Houdini for now I can't to this

Yes, we need to fix this...
              Support Request

Comment

Two questions related to instances:
                1. There are two nodes in attached file - both instancing the same geometry in the same way: "geo" and "instance". Why "geo" is rendered fine while "instance" doesn't appear in render? File: aaa.zip
                2. What is the simplest way to assign random color to instances?

Comment

Thank you for your report, we'll have a look at it and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
                  Georgy Chakarov | QA
                  www.chaosgroup.com
                  georgy.chakarov@chaosgroup.com

Comment

1. In case of "instance" node we expect "Instance Object" property to be set. I'll add "instancepath" support for that case in the next build.
                    2. Color attribute + TexUserColor
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bdancer; 28-10-2019, 09:36 AM.
                    Support Request

Comment

Working...
                    X