Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Resolved) vfb issues

Hi,

for some time now vfb is acting weird. The issues I see are very random and sometimes only solvable by restarting houdini. I have the following issues.

- hitting the renderbutton/shelf renderbutton and nothing is rendering (no vfb popping up, no rendering even if vfb is opened)
    - ipr button in vfb not working
    - hitting the ipr button on the tool shelf --> vfb disappears. I need to hit show vfb to bring it up again to see ipr rendering

these issues are so random and even happen with newly started scenes/houdinis that there is no way I can give you an example scene (and I'm not sure if they are scene related at all - hence restarting houdini works). Good thing is, that it happens so often (on other machines here as well), that you should be able to spot them if you just play around a little.

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific.

Ronny

yeah, i reported it fews weeks ago....
    One of the super annoying behavior is the render not being stopped/canceled when i close the VFB...,that stuff will just keep going and running in background, restarting the render, and running again. Unless go to toolbar, show VFB and stop with with Stop button
    Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

We're aware of those, the dev team is trying to track down the problem. Not much I can do at this point other than apologize for the silly issues - I too hope we'll have them resolved soon.

Best regards!
      gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

psanitra, we could stop render on VFB close, then one day one will render smth for some hours and then accidentally close VFB and will report that render should not be stopped.. I could add an option for such behavior.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

bdancer . Stoping the render on VFB close was always the default behavior for V-Ray right?, or at least last 14 year i used it, coming from 3D max...

It`s also the default behavior for other renders in Houdini, Mantra/Mplay, Redshift and Renderman, they will all stop when i close the frame buffer.

Basically we have to click twice - Stop button first, then "X". Instead of just one click. Seems like a no brainier to me....
          Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Does history in VFB work for you? I enable it in preferences but still have greyed all the options in history panel.
            Am I missing something?

Comment

Hey woytha ,

At the moment you need to open the Options -> VFB Settings -> History tab, select "Enabled" and specify a folder. We plan to hook up the "Use Project Path" option to look at "$JOB" in the near future.

Best regards!
              gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
              X