Houdini - Vray - Deadline - Frames render but are not saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houdini - Vray - Deadline - Frames render but are not saved

I submit frames to the renderfarm with the Deadline rop. The Frames seem to render fine but they are not saved in the end.

Writing the files locally to disk works fine.

The Farm machines are configured with the preLoad script like described in the manual.

I also attached a log file of one Frame.

I would be grateful for some help. Anyone knows that problem?

kind regards
    Jon
    Attached Files

2019-11-11 18:23:44: 0: STDOUT: Warning: Bad node type found: VRayNodeBRDFVRayMtl in /mat.
    It appears V-Ray is not loaded at all.

Are you using the official release build or a nightly ?

Cheers!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hm...I am using the official release.

I copied the preLoad script in the deadline repository / plugins / houdini folder. In the script I changed the path to vray to a location on the network with the official vray build. I did not configured the slaves any further. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your reply! Cheers.

Comment

Here is another render log.
        To me the top of the log looks fine I can´t find any reason why it shouldn´t load vray. Do you have another idea whats could be the reason why its not loaded properly?
        Attached Files

Comment

1. If you are setting HOUDINI_PATH there is no need to set HOUDINI_DSO_PATH.

Code:
          PATH to: C:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 17.5.293/bin//svg-ds01/software/vrayHoudini/vfh_home/bin;/svg-ds01/software/vrayHoudini/appsdk/bin;/svg-ds01/software/vrayHoudini/vfh_home/libs;
                                                     Missing separator here --^                            missing slash --^                         missing slash --^
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

I only changed the provided PreloadScript on the marked positions. Where can I change/set the DSO_PATH ? It was not intentionally.

The example screenshot from the manual is similar to my render log with missing separators and splash. Should I change the preload script to add those separators and missing slashes?

thank you!
            Last edited by Jon3D; 12-11-2019, 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Hm, indeed, appears I've made a typo in the provided script. Additionally, there is a function that replaces // with \ in there, so it's possibly breaking the network path.

bdancer is looking into this but I'll also try to set things up on my end with a network path as in your setup and come back with info.

Comment

Thank you both. We are looking forward to have some infos about that.

Comment

Hey again,

we've updated the script. Can you grab the new version here and see how it goes for you?
                  https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...line+and+V-Ray

Seems to work as expected on my end, both with a network path and direct disk path. My log file is attached below.

Cheers!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! It works!!! I´m happy!

Thank you for the fast help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X