Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houdini render jobs use only one license at a time instead of all available licenses of the license server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houdini render jobs use only one license at a time instead of all available licenses of the license server

We have the problem that I can only render one Frame at once with houdini in the Farm. You can see in the license server that there are free render nodes and also that one machine that is rendering a houdini job is using one of this licenses. If another render machine joines I got a license error. It works on all of the render machines but only one frame at once.
    Attached Files

Hello,

looking into this right now, will ping you once I know more.

All the best!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Seems like you submitted a Houdini job as hip file right? That requires a Houdini licence to be present for every machine too
      Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

Comment

Of course ... Peter is correct. You need a Houdini or Engine license for each slave ...

When ThinkBox add the option to submit VRScenes instead of HIP files, only V-Ray licenses will be used.

Comment

Ui...didn´t thought that the houdini License could be the problem. Hm...Yes I sumbmit a hip file I think.

We definitely dont have a FX license for all our render machines^^ That means that we have to equip the farm with at least one houdini engine per machine right?

Seems that I am a little bit spoiled with the unlimited mantra tokens

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
            Of course ... Peter is correct. You need a Houdini or Engine license for each slave ...

When ThinkBox add the option to submit VRScenes instead of HIP files, only V-Ray licenses will be used.
            Yea sorry I really didn´t thought about that.

Can I pack the whole hip File in a vray scene? This is compareable to the ifd workflow with mantra right? And is a vray render node able to render this scene or do I need a normal vray license for that?

Comment

Technically, the Deadline ROP has the Export Jobs tab -> Submit Dependent Mantra Standalone Job option, which exports the IFD and sends it to the farm for rendering.

V-Ray has the VRScene format, which could be used to do exactly the same. Except, we don't have this option on the Deadline ROP yet.

You could export a VRScene and submit it with Deadline manually (to do this, go to V-Ray ROP -> Export -> Export Mode: Export) - for the time being that's the only option if you're short on licenses, unfortunately. This will work with regular V-Ray Next Render Nodes - no Houdini licenses will be consumed.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
                Hope that helps!
                Yes that helps. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am familiar with the ifd workflow. If the VRScene format can store all informations to render the frame than this would be indeed a good workaround. I will have a look into that.

Comment

Working...
                X