Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray/Houdini /Deadline - image not rendering

Hi,
    I’m currently having issues with rendering vray for houdini on deadline, I am able to submit files from houdini using the submitter however my jobs complete with no output image generated, by the looks of the log the render never starts.
    currently using houding 17.5.460
    and vray_for_houdini 4.12.03
    deadline-10.0.22.3

I have added the extra job preload script as well from "https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...line+and+V-Ray"
    Attached Files

Hello,

we added our own Submitter recently - are you using the V-Ray Deadline ROP or the default Deadline submitter? It would help a lot of you could grab a recent 4.30 nightly build - I see from the log you're using the official 4.12 build. The support team should be able to provide you with access.

The log you've provided in the attachments is telling the following:
    1. V-Ray environment variables are set up
    2. Hython is called - importantly, V-Ray is also loaded - so far so good
    3. The /out/vray node is found - no errors.
    4. An attempt to render it is made - again, no errors
    5. No output ....
    6. --> Rendering finished

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening.
    1. Could you please verify the V-Ray Renderer Export mode is set to "Render" or "Export and Render" ?
    2. Also, please make sure the Output path for the image actually exists and is write-able.

Cheers!
    gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Hi Gosho,

I already have access to the nightlies so ill package that up tomorrow and give it a go, we are also going to be upgrading to deadline 10.1 where they state the now officially support houdini/vray so that may present a fix.

I've posted my export mode and output path, I wonder if Houdinis tags ${HIP} may be causing an issue? I did try a test with an absolute path with the same problem so I'm not sure.

I'll update tomorrow if using the nightly or deadline 10.1 happens to fix anything

EDIT: I forgot to mention i tried using both the Deadline ROP and the integrated submitter both with the same issue, I havent tried using the deadline monitor submitter
      Attached Files

Comment

I've posted my export mode and output path, I wonder if Houdinis tags ${HIP} may be causing an issue? I did try a test with an absolute path with the same problem so I'm not sure.
        No, I do not think that would be the issue. The way the Deadline submitter works is basically calling hython (that's Houdini's python distribution that ships with the hou library) to render the hip file. Anything that works inside the Houdini GUI will, in general, work in hython.

Please grab a recent V-Ray nightly and give it a spin.

Cheers!
        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Ok so i have an update, we've gone back to using the default submitter as ours was causing some issue before, and now using the latest nightly build 4.30.01 for houdini 17.5.460, however it seems to be throwing an error at start up, below is the output from the houdini log, we are still able to use vray though, the issue then occurs again when we submit to deadline with the same error which causes the job to fail, ive attached the deadline logs to this post

VFH [Error] * Python evaluation error: "'module' object has no attribute 'setSDKLibraryPath'"
          VFH [Error] * Traceback (most recent call last):
          VFH [Error] * File "<stdin>", line 2, in <module>
          VFH [Error] * AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'setSDKLibraryPath'
          VFH [Info] * Build number:6585 hash:02e99dc from 05 Mar 2020 05:01
          Attached Files

Comment

watchyato, you need to figure out why "import vray" imported some other module for you rather then V-Ray AppSDK Python binding.
            I see you are settings up env. variables manually, check this post https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...nslate-support you'll need to set PYTHONPATH as well.
            V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
            andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
            Support Request

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
              watchyato, you need to figure out why "import vray" imported some other module for you rather then V-Ray AppSDK Python binding.
              I see you are settings up env. variables manually, check this post https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...nslate-support you'll need to set PYTHONPATH as well.
              Hi bdancer, THANK YOU! looks like our vray_for_maya scripts path was coming before the "{env.VRAY_APPSDK}/python27".
              using PYTHONPATH.prepend() I was able to force the vray.pyd to be picked up first and its removed the error.

Thanks for you help

Olly

Comment

Working...
              X