Standalone per frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone per frame

Not sure if this is the place, but with heavy scenes is the proper protocol with .vrscene files to do /frame? If so, do we add $F to the file name? And then how to tell standalone to render them as a sequence vs submitting them one by one? thanks

> If so, do we add $F to the file name?

Yes.

> And then how to tell standalone to render them as a sequence vs submitting them one by one?

What do you mean by that?
    Submitting where? Submitting how?
    V-Ray Deadline ROP has frame number controls.
    If you have custom submitter - you'll have to implement it yourself.
    V-Ray Standalone is not a render manager.
    Last edited by bdancer; 28-03-2020, 03:59 AM.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

OK, thanks. My ultimate goal actually isn't really to render the .vrscene files with standalone but rather to read them into another scene and render *that* scene. We've never gotten the V-Ray Deadline submitters to work. But we hit another snag. If we render .vrscene files as a sequence out with $F in the file path, we can read them into a vrayScene node. They show in the viewport but do not render. However if we create .vrscene files as one huge file for the sequence, they don't show in the viewport but DO render. Sigh. I don't really care if they show in the viewport, but making the 2000+ frame .vrscene I think is going to be a non-starter

Comment

> We've never gotten the V-Ray Deadline submitters to work.

Well, you could report whats missing / not working.
        Btw, latest Deadline version also supports VFH.

> But we hit another snag. If we render .vrscene files as a sequence out with $F in the file path, we can read them into a vrayScene node. They show in the viewport but do not render.

And what are the errors / warnings anything in log? Exported vrscene contents?
        I can't fix the issue if I don't know that issue exists...
        Any changes for a scene setup?
        Support Request

Comment

Hey I'm trying to help as well. We did report the Deadline problems. I'm making a scene right now that shows the problem with the .vrscene sequences.

Comment

Tnx, much appreciated!
            Support Request

Comment

OK, so in the linked file both vrayScene nodes are reading the same sequence. The one called SEQ is reading it as a sequence whereas SINGLE is just reading frame 1501. SEQ does not render but SINGLE does.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq8wa0xwc8...scene.zip?dl=0

Comment

We've never gotten the V-Ray Deadline submitters to work.
                We did report the Deadline problems.

Are we talking about this thread: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...be-fixed/page2

I was under the impression the problem is resolved - the submissions were failing because of errors in the log. Can you please try enabling the Log window and checking for text in red ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	log_errors.png
Views:	369
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	1065425
                gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

vrscene should be fixed in the next night, frame tag replacement was done wrong (there is an error message in the log btw).
                  As a workaround you could use ${F4} instead of $F.
                  Support Request

Comment

Thanks I'll take a look. When I get a second I'll test again. My recollection is that we never got anything except Export Local/Render to work and that - for that scene at least - the .vrscene file creation was taking so long that we just ended up rendering in the Command line.

Comment

Thank you for the logs. Here are the errors:
                      STDOUT: VFH [Error] * Python evaluation error: "No module named vray"
                      STDOUT: VFH [Error] * Traceback (most recent call last):
                      STDOUT: VFH [Error] * File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
                      STDOUT: VFH [Error] * ImportError: No module named vray
                      How is V-Ray set up on the machine doing the export for this log ? The PYTHONPATH variable should contain the appsdk/python27 folder - not having this is the only reason I can think of for this message to pop up.
                      More info here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...udini-18-0-391
                      gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gosho.Genchev View Post
                        Thank you for the logs. Here are the errors:

How is V-Ray set up on the machine doing the export for this log ? The PYTHONPATH variable should contain the appsdk/python27 folder - not having this is the only reason I can think of for this message to pop up.
                        More info here: https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...udini-18-0-391
                        When you say set up, can you be more specific? I'm not really the TD but is the PYTHONPATH typically set in the .env or is that a system variable?

Comment

Gary, add this to the houdini.env - this line

PYTHONPATH="${VRAY_APPSDK}/python27;${PYTHONPATH}"

Comment

Update. Looks like it works! all three modes of the Deadline ROP.

Comment

Originally posted by bdancer View Post
                              vrscene should be fixed in the next night, frame tag replacement was done wrong (there is an error message in the log btw).
                              As a workaround you could use ${F4} instead of $F.
                              Hi Andrei,
                              currently we have the issue, that ${F4} in the File Path is not evaluated correctly inside the vrscene file. It is evaluated to <frame4>, and therefore writes incorrect named files.

Any idea why that is happening again?

VFH [Info] * Build number:7598 hash:a9b4e90 from 05 Jul 2020 11:54

Thanks
                              Dominik
                              Dominik Markota | Head of CGI | Senior Shading & Lighting TD @ Serviceplan MAKE

Comment

Working...
                              X