Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Closed) [HOU-1814] dealine again

Hey guys

So my W10 Deadline setup with VHF works fine, just using the packages, but can`t get Linux Deadline + VFH to work at all.
    I`m using packages there too , and render from Houdini works fine, but not from deadline. It seems that Vray plugin will not load correctly on the worker when rendering the task. My guess is that V-Rays enviroment variables(vfh_home, vray_appsdk etc) are not present/set?
    What is the current situation with you and Deadline? Are u still not officially supported?

I tried to "Frankenstein " that job JobPreLoad.py script based off Gosho.Genchev file but was not able to make it work, i`m not that good with python. Gosho.Genchev do you have a linux version(in code IFs etc) of that file?

I also tried to set env vars manually system wide, with EXPORT, in bash etc, but that did not worked either.

Anyways, this is on Linux Mint 19, Deadline 10.1.4.1, worker running as root. Deadline + Houdini works normally for regular houdini geo/mantra etc jobs..

thank you
    Last edited by Gosho.Genchev; 21-04-2020, 09:20 AM.
    Noemotion.net - www.noemotion.net

Peter Sanitra - www.psanitra.com

Noemotionhdrs.net - www.noemotionhdrs.net

> It seems that Vray plugin will not load correctly on the worker when rendering the task.
    > but that did not worked either.

What does that mean? What are the error messages?

Deadline is starting hython. What will happen if you'll run hython manually on your Linux? Will you see VFH startup messages?

> I tried to "Frankenstein " that job JobPreLoad.py script based

The JobPreLoad.py is not needed anymore.

> What is the current situation with you and Deadline? Are u still not officially supported?

We have our own submission node + latest Deadline release has V-Ray job parameters as well.
    V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
    andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
    Support Request

Comment

bdancer basically the error says node types are using incomplete asset definitions. here is log file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Runing hython manually loads VHF correctly it seems
        Attached Files

Comment

It hython works I'm not sure how could I help then; you need to figure out why your Deadline setup is different and fails to load the plugin...
          In this thread https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...aws-dso-errors I was suggesting setting HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR=2 this my help you debugging your setup
          Support Request

Comment

hm HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR=2, does not help with anything in my case.

I need to figure out what it wrong indeed ,and since my clean deadline+houdini works fine without V-Ray, i tough you might know something more.

Having vray present in the hip file will totaly mess up deadline. For example if there is material on sphere in the scene, and i try to save bgeo geometry of completly different object,lets say cube, deadline will error out like this.

Comment

> HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR=2, does not help with anything in my case.

It will not help, it'll just print more information about failed loaded modules...
              Support Request

Comment

yeah. I will get in touch with Deadline guys, thx for you time.

Comment

If there are similar error like here https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...aws-dso-errors this may help:
                  Code:
                  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hfs18.0/dsolib
                  Support Request

Comment

Can you please revised that submitter you did, it`s just not working right. Explanation :

Task size is not applied correctly (dl_chunk_size). Usual deadline behaviour is one job item(left side), and task items/frames(right side). Your submitter now matter what you set will always have right side ONLY ONE TASK. That one task can be frame or range of frames, but it`s always ONE per JOB. You implemented this the wrong way around, This way it`s impossible to do concurrent tasks.

Can you make it behave like usual deadline submit? When i have frame range of 1-100, and want to render in chunks of 10 frames, aka 1-10,11-20 etc, i need to set frames per task to 10. That will result in ONLY ONE JOB, and 10 TASKS with range of 10 frames each. If i want to to concurrent on top of that i still can, my single machine will take 1-10,11-20 at the same time and render.

right now the way you have this, i just submit whatever, and then have to manually set it right from dealine monitor -> Resubmit job.

hope it makes sense

Comment

> Can you please revised that submitter you did, it`s just not working right.

We could.
                      You could use native Deadline submitter as well.
                      Last edited by bdancer; 11-04-2020, 03:56 AM.
                      Support Request

Comment

psanitra we left two parameters under the export options:

Frames oer Job will split the submission into individual jobs - we left it so you can split the VRScene generation - no other way to handle this for now.
                        Frames per Task will split the rendered frames for each job into individual tasks.

Your submitter now matter what you set will always have right side ONLY ONE TASK. That one task can be frame or range of frames, but it`s always ONE per JOB. You implemented this the wrong way around, This way it`s impossible to do concurrent tasks.
                        Therefore, set Frames per Job to as many as the timeline length is. Maybe we should set it to $FEND - $FSTART by default ?

The simplest way to think about this - if you need to split the Houdini export job, use Frames per Job. If you need to tweak how many frames are rendered by a single task with the Standalone job, use Frames per Task..

Hope that helps!
                        gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Native does not work correctly with v-ray ROP. it will generate only one job, one task, and that task is the whole range.

Comment

Gosho.Genchev you are missing what i`m trying to say. This is wrong implemented, you replacing tasks with jobs, therefor removing core Deadline functionality. Here are two images, rendering range 1-100 in 10 parts, what you are generating and what you should be generating. Your submission cannot do concurrent tasks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh, OK, that is indeed the case. The Houdini jobs have a single task only. What you're looking to do will work as expected (as in the right image) with the other 2 modes - we generate the VRScene in a single Houdini job with a single Task, then run a single V-Ray Standalone job with X number of tasks for rendering.

So ... essentially we need to update the Render Job option to submit frames as tasks...we just didn't think about this. The Houdini jobs are in a single task because of VRScene generation but when the mode is "Render Job" that can be substituted with individual tasks for each frame, in case the VRScene export on the Renderer ROP is disabled.

Alright then, thank you for being so patient with us.
                              gosho.genchev@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                              X