(fixed) [HOU-1835] Crypromatte with forced materials in alembics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (fixed) [HOU-1835] Crypromatte with forced materials in alembics

I am currently on a project where I need to render cryptomattes. I am also baking shop_materialpath directly into alembics and force exporting the materials. This all works as expected. The only thing is, that all objects that are alembics that have their materials baked in do have the same cryptomatte id when creating cryptomatte based on materials. Is this something that can be changed?

You can choose what to make cryptomatte ids from - you can choose the path attribute for example, the alembic loader is putting the hierarchy there by default.
    Hristo Velev
    MD/FX Lead, Bottleship VFX
    Sofia, Bulgaria

Comment

Hey glacierise, thanks for the tip. The problem is, that not all objects in the scene have a path attribute (there is some vray fur for example). I could give those objects a pseudo path, but then again (and this is what I did now) I can assign the material after the fact as well (which is not 100% optimal). The question is if it would be possible to get a unique crypto id also for those material baked alembic objects when building the cryptomatte based on materials

Comment

ronald_a, this should be implemented; I'll add this asap.
        V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
        andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
        Support Request

Comment

Should work in tomorrow nightly.
          V-Ray For Houdini | V-Ray Hydra Delegate | VRayScene
          andrei.izrantcev@chaos.com
          Support Request

Comment

awesome, thanks!

Comment

just to confirm - this works now as expected